Bx bucket issues

/ Bx bucket issues
That is what I asked you in post #3.
Ya I guess I missed that part! Sorry about that, but so many different ideas and information coming in from the site I overlooked it :(

Anyhow thanks again!

/ Bx bucket issues #42  
Ya I guess I missed that part! Sorry about that, but so many different ideas and information coming in from the site I overlooked it :(

Anyhow thanks again!
Ok, I'm thinking I missed something somewhere, but did you determine that the disconnected / deadheaded line was the cause of high pressure in the pump with no relief that caused the pump to come apart? Also, how many hours did you say it operated with this line disconnected before the pump blew?

/ Bx bucket issues #43  
Reading and following the owners manual would had saved you $,$$$ and still will. Best source for correct information about your equipment operation. We all make mistakes we can learn from.

/ Bx bucket issues #44  
Ya I guess I missed that part! Sorry about that, but so many different ideas and information coming in from the site I overlooked i
I do have the hose that would be connected to the BH connected to the machine, but obviously not connected to the BH since I dont have it attached yet. That would be the only thing I haven't cycled yet. I did play with the 3pt/mover lever and I cant raise the 3 point at all with the lever. I can manually lift it up but thats it. Frustrating as hell.... I will say the machine moves nice and fast noth forward and reverse with no whining or anything now with the new HST. I also went to check the pressure but bought the wrong coupler so tomorrow is another day...any thoughts??
This has me confused. Was it or wasn't it? Did the gear pump cause the destruction or the piston pump for the hydro? If the gear pump, having that hose disconnected likely did blow it up.

/ Bx bucket issues #45  
his has me confused. Was it or wasn't it? Did the gear pump cause the destruction or the piston pump for the hydro? If the gear pump, having that hose disconnected likely did blow it up.
The OP said he broke the pump in an attempt to pull it from the tractor. The original issue was caused by running the tractor while very low on hydro fluid and they were not related.

/ Bx bucket issues #46  
The OP said he broke the pump in an attempt to pull it from the tractor. The original issue was caused by running the tractor while very low on hydro fluid and they were not related.
I think I had this OP confused with the another thread that had a hydrostatic pump with parts laying the ground. Thanks for straightening me out.

/ Bx bucket issues #48  
I think I had this OP confused with the another thread that had a hydrostatic pump with parts laying the ground. Thanks for straightening me out.
No, you were correct. I'm old, so I thought it was just me, but it was a little fuzzy about the whys and wherefores of the whole thing. Bottom line is a bunch of folks did their best to help out someone who was pretty perplexed about why his tractor would not work right and that speaks well for the group and the site.

/ Bx bucket issues
Ok, I'm thinking I missed something somewhere, but did you determine that the disconnected / deadheaded line was the cause of high pressure in the pump with no relief that caused the pump to come apart? Also, how many hours did you say it operated with this line disconnected before the pump blew?
Hey guys,

The pump did not blow up due to the fact that the backhoe line was disconnected. The backhoe was connected and operational at the time of the HST failure.

After replacing the HST myself and having the backhoe off for the first time I did not realize that the line that feeds the backhoe had to be connected to the other connection if the backhoe is disconnected.

I did post pictures of some parts on the ground from the blown HST. My best guess is it failed due to running the whole hydraulic system low or dry of oil.

Maybe reading the manual would have saved me money, as I know better to not run anything low on oil, but I took mt chance and got burned! Lesson learned! But reading the shop manual or following it cost me tons of time. Following their steps of removing the HST is definitely NOT the way to do it. I grinded 1/4" notch in one of the levers to get to a bolt head therefore eliminating "splitting the tractor" or removing the rear transaxle. All one needs to do is think a little bit outside the box. I did video the procedure and will be posting it on YouTube if you guys want to check it out soon.

If you've ever done this project yourself after you watch this video you'll see how you could have saved yourself a ton of time and aggravation by a little modification the factory should do!

Thx!

/ Bx bucket issues
This has me confused. Was it or wasn't it? Did the gear pump cause the destruction or the piston pump for the hydro? If the gear pump, having that hose disconnected likely did blow it up.
Hey guys,

The pump did not blow up due to the fact that the backhoe line was disconnected. The backhoe was connected and operational at the time of the HST failure.

After replacing the HST myself and having the backhoe off for the first time I did not realize that the line that feeds the backhoe had to be connected to the other connection if the backhoe is disconnected.

I did post pictures of some parts on the ground from the blown HST. My best guess is it failed due to running the whole hydraulic system low or dry of oil.

Maybe reading the manual would have saved me money, as I know better to not run anything low on oil, but I took mt chance and got burned! Lesson learned! But reading the shop manual or following it cost me tons of time. Following their steps of removing the HST is definitely NOT the way to do it. I grinded 1/4" notch in one of the levers to get to a bolt head therefore eliminating "splitting the tractor" or removing the rear transaxle. All one needs to do is think a little bit outside the box. I did video the procedure and will be posting it on YouTube if you guys want to check it out soon.

If you've ever done this project yourself after you watch this video you'll see how you could have saved yourself a ton of time and aggravation by a little modification the factory should do!

Thx!