Bx bucket issues

/ Bx bucket issues
Reading and following the owners manual would had saved you $,$$$ and still will. Best source for correct information about your equipment operation. We all make mistakes we can learn from.
Hey guys,

The pump did not blow up due to the fact that the backhoe line was disconnected. The backhoe was connected and operational at the time of the HST failure.

After replacing the HST myself and having the backhoe off for the first time I did not realize that the line that feeds the backhoe had to be connected to the other connection if the backhoe is disconnected.

I did post pictures of some parts on the ground from the blown HST. My best guess is it failed due to running the whole hydraulic system low or dry of oil.

Maybe reading the manual would have saved me money, as I know better to not run anything low on oil, but I took mt chance and got burned! Lesson learned! But reading the shop manual or following it cost me tons of time. Following their steps of removing the HST is definitely NOT the way to do it. I grinded 1/4" notch in one of the levers to get to a bolt head therefore eliminating "splitting the tractor" or removing the rear transaxle. All one needs to do is think a little bit outside the box. I did video the procedure and will be posting it on YouTube if you guys want to check it out soon.

If you've ever done this project yourself after you watch this video you'll see how you could have saved yourself a ton of time and aggravation by a little modification the factory should do!

Thx!

/ Bx bucket issues
Ok, I'm thinking I missed something somewhere, but did you determine that the disconnected / deadheaded line was the cause of high pressure in the pump with no relief that caused the pump to come apart? Also, how many hours did you say it operated with this line disconnected before the pump blew?
Hey guys,

The pump did not blow up due to the fact that the backhoe line was disconnected. The backhoe was connected and operational at the time of the HST failure.

After replacing the HST myself and having the backhoe off for the first time I did not realize that the line that feeds the backhoe had to be connected to the other connection if the backhoe is disconnected.

I did post pictures of some parts on the ground from the blown HST. My best guess is it failed due to running the whole hydraulic system low or dry of oil.

Maybe reading the manual would have saved me money, as I know better to not run anything low on oil, but I took mt chance and got burned! Lesson learned! But reading the shop manual or following it cost me tons of time. Following their steps of removing the HST is definitely NOT the way to do it. I grinded 1/4" notch in one of the levers to get to a bolt head therefore eliminating "splitting the tractor" or removing the rear transaxle. All one needs to do is think a little bit outside the box. I did video the procedure and will be posting it on YouTube if you guys want to check it out soon.

If you've ever done this project yourself after you watch this video you'll see how you could have saved yourself a ton of time and aggravation by a little modification the factory should do!

Thx!

/ Bx bucket issues #53  
It would seem that the system pressure relief valve should open and prevent catastrophic high pressure. Might be wise to check the PRV and make sure it looks operational. This would require removing it, which seems to be a rather easy thing to do, as some people have reported adding shims to the PRV to increase the system hydraulic pressure.

As FX...413 implied, it would be wise to get a pressure gauge hooked up and check the system pressure to be sure it is within spec.

Edit: Just an afterthought, but are you the original owner? If not, no telling what a previous owner might have done to jack up the system pressure to get more lift from the loader, for example. This would have been done by changing the number of shims on the PRV to increase pressure. Don't recall if they are added or subtracted to change the trip point. Just another possible reason to check system pressure...
Takes a 22mm socket and about 14 inch extention, so you don't bang up ur nuckles.