bx screen cleaning- caution

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #11  
I bought an extra strainer so that I can just remove one out and quickly insert the replacement. Lost about a pint of fluid in the process. I did that at the 160 hour mark...not much shavings on it.

I used a pipe wrench to remove the oil filter...yes, dented it to heck, but figured I wasn't going to use it again so it didn't matter. very easily came out.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #12  
I bought an extra strainer so that I can just remove one out and quickly insert the replacement. Lost about a pint of fluid in the process. I did that at the 160 hour mark...not much shavings on it.

I used a pipe wrench to remove the oil filter...yes, dented it to heck, but figured I wasn't going to use it again so it didn't matter. very easily came out.

That is a fine idea. For those who don't have a spare strainer handy, a large wine bottle cork, tapered down with a utility knife or a tapered rubber plug, about 1" tapered down to 3/4" works like a charm. Yes, a cup full is all that is lost. That strainer is somewhat fragile. Be quick but be gentle.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #14  
Thought you were supposed to clean it during a fluid change.
After the axle was empty.

That's the only way to go.
No sense doing it any other way.

Ah, my friends, but read carefully the new Kubota service schedule and you will see you are now required to clean that screen at 50 hrs, but allowed to keep the sudt in the trans for up to 200 hours. See? Things change. If you have to clean that screen and don't want to "dump" all the fluid, then a very simple, no nonsense method is to use a plug. Dead easy.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #15  
That is a fine idea. For those who don't have a spare strainer handy, a large wine bottle cork, tapered down with a utility knife or a tapered rubber plug, about 1" tapered down to 3/4" works like a charm. Yes, a cup full is all that is lost. That strainer is somewhat fragile. Be quick but be gentle.
51 hours on the BX2660, to wet today to do anything with my tractor, picked up my fluids and filters a couple weeks ago, guess what I'm doing this afternoon? Bought my Grandson a car that used to be a Whisky bottle and I confiscated the cork out of it a couple of months ago. Guess what I'm going to do with the cork? Now, BP you say the hole that has to be plugged is about 3/4" ?

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #17  
JT, you want a cork that is say 15/16 or 7/8 inch to begin with.

Then, take a Stanley knife (utility knife) and taper one end. You cannot be custom fitting with that screen out of there. You need to be able to go from 3/4 up to 7/8 by way of the taper.

I just cleaned mine day before yesterday. I keep my cork in top drawer of my tool box. BTW, my screen had MAYBE two small slivers at 20 hours. Now, at 45 hours, it had zip.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #18  
here a photo
One small problem here.......no photo.:) I did that before, type my message with intent of adding photo and forget to add the photo.:)

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #20  
What's your opinion on this one?

Attachments

• P1060531.jpg
    P1060531.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 152
  • P1060532.jpg
    P1060532.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 155
  • P1060533.jpg
    P1060533.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 110