bx screen cleaning- caution

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #31  
Why on earth are you guys using a cork????
Have an assistant (bikini clad female preferred) and have them hold a shop vac on the opening that the dipstick goes in. NO oil loss at all!! No fussing with finding a cork and sanding it to size. When the inspection is complete, remove the shop vac nozzle and replace dipstick.

You guys do stuff the hard, messy way.:D:D

Deano

Hey Deano, some of us "hard and messy way" guys don't have a helper, bikini clad or otherwise!!!!:D:D

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #33  
Jobs done. Removed the bolt for screen three times and couldn't get screen out, kept coming back thinking I'm not going to give up on this. Stuck my little finger in hole and also tried to pop it out with a small tipped srewdriver. Had cork ready. Here is how much ran out including the little that came out with filter. If I had gotten the screen out then maybe more would have came out.

Attachments

• P1060615.jpg
    P1060615.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 191
  • P1060619.jpg
    P1060619.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 250
  • P1060620.jpg
    P1060620.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 178
  • P1060621.jpg
    P1060621.jpg
    351.3 KB · Views: 222
   / bx screen cleaning- caution #34  
Jobs done. Removed the bolt for screen three times and couldn't get screen out, kept coming back thinking I'm not going to give up on this. Stuck my little finger in hole and also tried to pop it out with a small tipped srewdriver. Had cork ready. Here is how much ran out including the little that came out with filter. If I had gotten the screen out then maybe more would have came out.

Seriously. Hmmmm. They can be that way. I found that as i rotated it with channel locks and worked it loose, and continued to rotate, it eventually was coaxed to come out. You must have pretty good paint seal or that O ring is sure holding tight. No worries. You can check that screen anytime. I would bet a dollar to a donut that it is clean as a whistle anyhow.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #35  
Seriously. Hmmmm. They can be that way. I found that as i rotated it with channel locks and worked it loose, and continued to rotate, it eventually was coaxed to come out. You must have pretty good paint seal or that O ring is sure holding tight. No worries. You can check that screen anytime. I would bet a dollar to a donut that it is clean as a whistle anyhow.

I would try to get that out of there as soon as you can. Mine was a mess at 50hrs, perfectly clean at 100.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #36  
johnthomas, looks like u at the wrong hole its over behind the left rear wheel...if you remove the rear wheel its a lot easier to pull out the strainer the first time

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #37  
johnthomas, looks like u at the wrong hole its over behind the left rear wheel...if you remove the rear wheel its a lot easier to pull out the strainer the first time
This is a BX2660. I had my finger in it and it is a strainer dead center in the picture with filter to it's left.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #38  
JT

It goes out horizontally, toward the driver's side rear tire. Approach from the rear of the tractor.

From Messick's How To

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #39  
Keep in mind that any debris in the strainer will stay there until you clean it. It won't do any harm there, the strainer has done it's job and removed it from circulation. Unless you accumulate enough to impair fluid flow you can catch it next time you do a fluid change. if there is enough to impair flow, your tranny has just come apart anyway!:):laughing:

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #40  

John, I think the bolt you took off is where the pilot relief valve spring resides. As others have mentioned, the screen you are looking for is located in the back on the left hand side. I just looked at an old post of mine about the possible fix to the 50 series abrupt reverse "feature" and found my old picture that looks just like yours. This is the same bolt my salesman took out to shorten the pilot relief valve spring. Hope this helps.

Tod