bx screen cleaning- caution

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #21  
I haven't been under it yet. I've done some different models so does the BX have the flat screen or the round screen that pulls out from the side? Since we're here.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #22  
I'd say it is close. If you have some white cloth tape, like the tape found in a first aid kit, johnson&johnson type, you could wrap a band of that around the thickest part, making it just that much bigger diameter, just to be sure.

Your 2660 uses 4.3 gallons?, give or take, of sudt, so you don't want to lose any. You won't. You won't lose more than a couple of ounces. Spotlessly clean everything. Plug area on trans, clean catch pan for the dribble.

Leave your dipstick in place. The filter won't lose but an ounce or two either. That's pretty easy.

No, you do not have to remove your fan guard either, if you have a strap type filter removing tool or the jaws kind. Only the big fat band kind cannot make it in there.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #23  
I haven't been under it yet. I've done some different models so does the BX have the flat screen or the round screen that pulls out from the side? Since were here.

John, it has a keeper nut that holds a one inch keeper plate over the end. Remove that. Small nut, like 12 mm, if I recall.

Then, take smoooooooth, no teeth, channel locks, and rotate the head of the cartridge. As you rotate it a few degrees, urge it out gently and out she will come. It is indeed round. 5" long. Have cork handy and plug. Ta Da!!

You have plenty of room. No need to remove wheel.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #24  
John, it has a keeper nut that holds a one inch keeper plate over the end. Remove that. Small nut, like 12 mm, if I recall.

Then, take smoooooooth, no teeth, channel locks, and rotate the head of the cartridge. As you rotate it a few degrees, urge it out gently and out she will come. It is indeed round. 5" long. Have cork handy and plug. Ta Da!!

You have plenty of room. No need to remove wheel.
I did a BX2200, BX1500 and B7800 that I've done the full service on them. I think one of them had a flat plate screen on the bottom of case and I knew one of them had a round screen that came out of the side. I had bought a socket that fit the side one that was bigger than any of my sockets and it had been put on by a gorilla. Like to have never got it to break loose but then when it broke loose was easy off. Thanks, I hate getting my hands greasy:) but when I do I'm fine and go to work. Maybe I could just rub my hands with grease to start with and then go to it.:D

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #25  
I think I would also plug the small air hole in filler cap to make more vaccum. YMMV. I cleaned mine a filter/oil replace time

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #26  
I think I would also plug the small air hole in filler cap to make more vaccum. YMMV. I cleaned mine a filter/oil replace time

Yes, you COULD also plug the dipstick, beforehand, but I noticed my O ring on the dipstick holds very well. It seals plenty good. But, in any case, do not remove it!!! This would cause a rush of makeup air and greatly increase the possibility of more fluid being dropped than you want.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #27  
I think a small bench top belt sander would do a great job of putting a taper on the cork.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #28  
BP No I was talking about the fill cap that has a small breather hole in it. right in middle of rear end not the dipstick off on the left(?) side of rear end.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #29  
BP No I was talking about the fill cap that has a small breather hole in it. right in middle of rear end not the dipstick off on the left(?) side of rear end.

If you are fairly quick, you won't lose enough to worry about, caps, vents, et al. I just wouldn't make it easier for the make up air, that's all.

/ bx screen cleaning- caution #30  
Why on earth are you guys using a cork????
Have an assistant (bikini clad female preferred) and have them hold a shop vac on the opening that the dipstick goes in. NO oil loss at all!! No fussing with finding a cork and sanding it to size. When the inspection is complete, remove the shop vac nozzle and replace dipstick.

You guys do stuff the hard, messy way.:D:D

Deano