Can I pull it with my Titan?

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #21  
Totally different and you know it. :thumbsup: It was a grant to do development, not a loan to keep the doors open. Keep telling yourself whatever makes you feel better though.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chris
Call it whatever you want but it's still our tax dollars in Ford's bank account. Ford fans like to shout that Ford didn't take government money. Well, obviously they did and you know as well as I did they would have been in the same Bankruptcy position if not for that money. They gambled and won but they still gambled.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #22  
Ford did not need money because of a grant, they simply made smart decisions on the product line up, management, contracts, ect. You are right when you said they got lucky. They did. Make the tough choices a few years back saved them.

Chris

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #24  
Let's don't rehash the same old argument over and over, please. And remember that politics is a prohibited topic on TBN.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #25  
Ford did not need money because of a grant, they simply made smart decisions on the product line up, management, contracts, ect. You are right when you said they got lucky. They did. Make the tough choices a few years back saved them.

Chris

As I understand the situation, after Mulally became CEO, Ford raised a lot of cash by mortgaging much of their plant/office building facilities. Ford even sold license rights for the blue oval logo.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #26  
As for rear ends blowing up Chris

That was specifically a Titan question. I know of 2 guys in my area that blew up the spider gears within a year or so of owning a new titan. (back in 05) Mostly while towing. I thought i had heard of talk of a lawsuit toward a recall on the early rear ends do to the smallish size of the rear for as big a truck it was under....

but again... mostly stuff ive "heard" so grain of salt ;)

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #27  
That was specifically a Titan question. I know of 2 guys in my area that blew up the spider gears within a year or so of owning a new titan. (back in 05) Mostly while towing. I thought i had heard of talk of a lawsuit toward a recall on the early rear ends do to the smallish size of the rear for as big a truck it was under....

but again... mostly stuff ive "heard" so grain of salt ;)

I did hear that on the first gen Titan's, so you are right and I stand corrected. Never seen one in person and I know 2 guys who own them with out a issue and both tow heavy. They switched to Dana Axles front and rear and now offer the electronic locking Detroit Locker's. I am sure its a world of difference form old to new. I know my rear axle is huge and has a large finned cover. My front axle is good sized also. As big as any other 1/2 ton by the competition.

Chris

/ Can I pull it with my Titan?
There was a problem with the 2005 Titan rearends. There were some burnouts, but not enough to generate a recall.

However, like I said in my post, I drive a 2007 Titan and they do not have that particular problem.

It sounds like my original thinking was correct. We should pass on the M59.
:thumbsup:

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #29  
There was a problem with the 2005 Titan rearends.

ah so i wasnt crazy ;)

i just never heard if they had updated things to solve the issue but sounds like they did.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #30  
ah so i wasnt crazy ;)

i just never heard if they had updated things to solve the issue but sounds like they did.

Yes, they did. The had issues from what I read on the 03's to the 05's. Guess the thing just made too much power and grunt for what they had under it.

Chris