Can I pull it with my Titan?

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #31  
   / Can I pull it with my Titan? #32  
Gotta love the first lab rat years of production.

I hear ya. I would not touch anything the first year, no matter who makes it.

Chris

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #33  
Guess the thing just made too much power and grunt for what they had under it.
Funny because it has the weakest V8 of any full size truck...
Well except for the Ford F-150. :laughing:

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #34  
Funny because it has the weakest V8 of any full size truck...
Well except for the Ford F-150. :laughing:

HP and torque mean very little in a truck. Its where they make it as you know or maybe not. I will give up big numbers any day for something that makes its power on the bottom end.

Chris

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #35  
HP and torque mean very little in a truck. Its where they make it as you know or maybe not. I will give up big numbers any day for something that makes its power on the bottom end.
Chris
I understand that completely, especially since a similar sized engine like the HEMI 5.7l matches the Titan's 385 lb.ft of torque but at 3,200 rpms vs the Titan's 3,400 rpms and then continues to create over 400lb.ft. from 3,500 rpms to 4,500 rpms. Plus it takes the Titan 5,200 rpms to make just 317 HP vs the HEMI making that HP at just 2,500 rpms. Plus at the Titan's peak TQ (3,400 rpms) it's making just 250 HP vs the HEMI which makes 350 HP at 3,400 rpms. But I'm sure you knew that too... :D

Where's that bottom end power? At 3,000 rpms? :laughing:

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #36  
We have a Farmtrac 360 DTC FEL/BH we haul with a 21' equipment trailer. I pull this with my 2007 Nissan Titan and a rear hitch.

We are planning on trading up to a Kubota TLB. He are looking at the L39 and the L45. These I can pull.

However, we have been offered an exceptionally good deal on the M59. My concern is :

Is this too much tractor to pull with my Titan?

The deal on the M59 is only a good deal if I don't have to buy a new truck - or I should say, an additional truck.

Well I did some checking and I hate to say it but its too much for even the Titan. The machine is shown at a weight of 8,350# alone and a 21' trailer has to be 2,500# alone. You add all the chains, ec and you going to be over 11,000#.

I would pass.

Here is a pic of my 08.

Chris

I'd go with a 1 ton with that .

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #37  
I bet that tractor on a compatible trailer will be around 10.5k - 11,000lbs. Even with the higher tow capacity of these newer half-ton trucks, I still wouldn't want more than 10k behind any of them. That is more suited for a 3/4-ton truck.

I have to agree with you. I stayed with a 1/2 ton as long as I could and pushed it waaaay over the limit and never paid the price. There is just too much to risk now. Besides, I honestly don't want to tow at the absolute max rating anyway. I know everyone says there is a 'fudge factor' built in, but I can tell you first hand, when you're towing the absolute max a truck is rated to pull, it's under a major strain.

With my current equipment, I'm about 4k under my truck's max towing capacity but pushing maybe a thousand pounds or two over my trailer's capacity. I know I'm putting a couple of tons of tongue weight on my truck with the GN trailer, but I badly need to go back to a trailer with tandem duals on the back. I don't care what tires you put on the trailer, loading the max 10k per axle looks like it's killing the tires even when they are something like 10 or 12 ply.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan?
I'd go with a 1 ton with that .

It's not a matter of going with a 1 ton ... it's a matter of going with a different tractor. :cool:

/ Can I pull it with my Titan? #39  
I understand that completely, especially since a similar sized engine like the HEMI 5.7l matches the Titan's 385 lb.ft of torque but at 3,200 rpms vs the Titan's 3,400 rpms and then continues to create over 400lb.ft. from 3,500 rpms to 4,500 rpms. Plus it takes the Titan 5,200 rpms to make just 317 HP vs the HEMI making that HP at just 2,500 rpms. Plus at the Titan's peak TQ (3,400 rpms) it's making just 250 HP vs the HEMI which makes 350 HP at 3,400 rpms. But I'm sure you knew that too... :D

Where's that bottom end power? At 3,000 rpms? :laughing:

I can't speak to the HEMI but the Titan is a powerhouse. I doubt it would be lack of HP that limits the tow.

/ Can I pull it with my Titan?
The Titan probably has the power to pull the load. But, can it STOP the load. That is my other concern.

I know I can stop under normal circunstances, but could it stop in an emergency with the trailor and the M59?

Also, would DOT decide that the M59 is too much and issue me a citation?

Since these are the concerns and the L39 or L45 would do the job we need, passing on the M59 seems like the best option.