Comparison Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti?

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #21  
I've have a CT450 but my Kioti dealer would be happy to service it. What difference does it make if Bobcat stops selling tractors. Changing fluid and filters on a tractor or skid steer is not different.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #22  
I've have a CT450 but my Kioti dealer would be happy to service it. What difference does it make if Bobcat stops selling tractors. Changing fluid and filters on a tractor or skid steer is not different.

I had a similar experience. I dealt on Kioti and Bobcat and ended up with a Kioti. When I called the Bobcat dealer to let him know my decision he said they would be happy to supply parts and service for the Kioti.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #23  
Just buy the dang thing...use it, enjoy it and watch the neighbours get jealous. I love my Bobcat.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #24  
My mistake, Doosan of Korea owns Bobcat.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #25  
W/ the Bobcat and Kioti being the same tractor, the loaders are not. On a Kioti ldr. that fits the DK40/45, the lift capacity is 2761 lbs.. Check into that on the BC ldr..

I have read comment in other threads eluding to the reduced lift capacity of the Bobcat loader versus Kitoti so taking TractorTidy's advise I researched these 2 models. Interesting findings:
Kioti KL401 vs 9TL (both with QA)
Lift capacity @ full lift height (measured @ bucket pivot)
Kitoi - 2761 lbs.
Bct - 2655 lbs.
Boom breakout force @ pivot pin
Kioti - 3727 lbs.
Bct - 4063 lbs.
Full lift height @ pivot pin
Kioti - 107"
Bct - 111.5"
Bucket dump angle degree
Kioti - 73 (measured from a vertical path out to bucket edge)
Bct - 35 (mesured from horizontal plain down to buckt edge)
If you convert Kioti measurement to same as Bobcat it is 17 degree

Is there significant difference in loader performance to have it be the deciding factor between the 2 brands? You be the judge.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #26  
W/ the Bobcat and Kioti being the same tractor, the loaders are not. On a Kioti ldr. that fits the DK40/45, the lift capacity is 2761 lbs.. Check into that on the BC ldr..

My only other concern w/ BC is how much longer they will be in the tractor business. They are finishing their 4th year of what I believe may be a 5 yr. agreement w/ Daedong.

Do you have a Kioti dealer in the area? If so, I would look into them.

I would also consider this concern as Bc has had a lot of problems with these tractors and It is my belief that they may want to get out of the tractor market. This is after speaking with the owner of the largest BC dealer in SW Ontario. He told me they were having to many issues with the Kioti's and getting parts.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #27  
I would also consider this concern as Bc has had a lot of problems with these tractors and It is my belief that they may want to get out of the tractor market. This is after speaking with the owner of the largest BC dealer in SW Ontario. He told me they were having to many issues with the Kioti's and getting parts.

It's exactly the same machine, different paint. Why would BCats be less reliable...:confused2:

My dealer sells these machines as fast as he gets them. He sold 5 in the week I bought mine.

Silly rumours.

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #28  
if your interested in a bobcat tractor, Ihave a friend that is in Augusta ga. He works for our local dealer. i'm sure he would be glade to answer any questions that you may have. Just let me know , i;ll hook u guys up:)
BTW, i've been in hos shop alot, havent seem many tractors in there torn down, so that tell me a lot

Last edited:
   / Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #29  

Next 5 year contract, carrying through to 2016 has already been signed. Doesn't appear the Bobcat has any inclination of getting out of this business?

/ Can someone confirm Bobcat Tractor is built by Kioti? #30  
Wallace, a former Kioti dealer and one that now sells BC reported the contract being signed through 2016.

Hopefully, this puts the concerns to rest. Perhaps some Kioti dealers were a bit hopeful that BC would leave the tractor market? Who knows. But in any case, it's now a dead issue. Spread the word. :D