Can someone explain to me why supersonic business flight didn't work out?

/ Can someone explain to me why supersonic business flight didn't work out? #61  
Sorry to hear of your wife's condition that limits her travel time. I have a sister that couldn't sit for more than 4 hours as well (recovering from cancer surgery). To go to Moscow for an art show, she booked many short trips. Minnesota to New York, to New Brunswick, to Ice Land, to Belgium, etc... and did the same thing in reverse. She spent a day or days in each location to take in some local interests. She's fortunate to be able to take months off at a time from her job. Not sure how that would play out for you trying to get to Australia or New Zealand. And not implying that her situation is anywhere similar to your wife's, just maybe offering some possibilities.

/ Can someone explain to me why supersonic business flight didn't work out? #62  
When your internet is slow or your cell connection is spotty are you frustrated? Do you say I would rather just go back to stationary land line phones and Encyclopedia Brittanica? For those of you that are satisfied with the current state of affairs... raise your white flag and watch it go by... faster than a speeding bullet.
While I'm not sure Tang was a step forward, you do make some good points here.
I'll be the first to admit that I'm far from an early adopter of, well pretty much anything, but the (for lack of a better term) infrastructure created by the aerospace and other high tech industries has changed the world for all of us...better in some ways, others not so much but that's true with any technological advance.

Even if BOOM goes bust, I have no doubt that some of the innovations they developed will find their way into products that the rest of us will use.