3-Point Hitch Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #11  
Re: Can you pull a 7遅12 dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

The hitch in this link has a safety chain which fastens to your fixed drawbar to prevent the trailer from lifting the 3 point to high,
King Kutter's Goose Neck Trailer Mover with 2 5/16" Ball
As long as you do something similar it will work fine.

Lou, that safety chain feature on the King Kutter hitch is a great idea. I notice, though, that Everything Attachment links from that page to their own similar hitch as a suggestion to save money, yet their version doesn't have that feature. Seems like it would be an inexpensive one for them to add. EA is so thorough, makes me wonder why they don't. :confused:

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #12  

If the tractor is able to handle the trailer, simply raise the 3 point then use the dump function on the trailer. I do this regularly with my small single axel trailer and my smallest tractor.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #13  

I pull a 6x10 dump to deliver firewood. I have used the 3pt hitch but prefer not to. I did not use the limiter chain idea others have suggested. Once the trailer did lift the hitch up and it was not a nice feeling. I would not trust it on the highway.
A friend welded this up for me. It slides over my drawbar. I then use my 2 receivers.
As I have my dump trailer plumbed into the tractor for hydraulic power and the light plug, I can稚 simply use the 3pt anyhoo for quick and easy moves unless it痴 just in the yard so my adapter is only a few extra cranks of the jack. I road travel 5-8 miles one way many times a day some days, 1 cord at a time.

Attachments

• 68D148A1-923E-4EAE-9F60-C5D68C5D50D0.jpeg
    68D148A1-923E-4EAE-9F60-C5D68C5D50D0.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 220
   / Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #14  
Why don’t you use your truck going that far?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

Not sure why, but i cant see the pictures you attached.

Im pulling the trailer with the tractor because I知 making a large burn pule in the middle of a soft field. Don稚 wanna risk getting the tractor stuck especially with a load in the trailer. I知 not taking it on the road at all. All on the same property..

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #17  
^ 4570man, have a Tacoma and it’s really not up to the job. Also in this area, the truck and trailer need a commercial safety sticker fir that job. With the tractor, the SMV sign is exempt from all the hassles :)

I already have a 3pt hitch receiver, but it does not have the chain attachment. I think i might try to modify mine just for thus job by wrapping a short chain around the frame of my hitch and attaching it to the tractor draw bar with a shackle. What do you think?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #19  
That should work fine.

Aaron Z