3-Point Hitch Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #21  
I would be cautious from pulling anything above the draw bar position to prevent the tractor from tipping backwards. Isn’t there a reason that farm trailers were specifically made to connect only to the draw bar?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #22  
If you are just moving it around the yard, I dont see why it would be a problem. I have a 7x12 cam, and move it around the yard with my b9200, with a homemade trailer mover. Like the others say, I'd chain it down if you were using it to move material.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?
Thanks everybody. I appreciate all your input and suggestions. I do not plan on moving these logs and brush anywhere on a public road. Only moving it from the farm pond area to a plowed field on my same property to burn it all before next season. I think I am gonna just chain the hitch to the draw bar so it goes up only high enough to keep the jack out of the dirt and go for it. Thanks again.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #24  
Let us know either way of success or failure... Possibly for giving advice in future...

Dale

Ok will do. I am most likely gonna try it this coming weekend.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #26  
I WOULD NOT recommend using the three point. Put a block of wood under the trailer jack so it will lift higher. Or use a different jack. Pull the trailer with the draw bar.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #27  
Dump trailers can and do have negitave tongue pressure when dumping. How your 3pt will react to that idk.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #28  
Done it many times. I simply set the hitch to the height I want before dumping and chain the 3 point receiver to the drawbar before completing the dump. Takes an extra minute is all.

oosik - its not a matter of lifting the trailer tongue higher to hook up to the draw bar, its a matter that the dump trailer jack is too close to the ground when pulling the trailer through a rough field while connected to the tractor痴 draw bar. I need to build and burn a large brush pile.

I think I知 gonna try what storm56 said. Thanks