3-Point Hitch Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #31  
Ahhh - - thanks for the explain devodad. Just be darn careful. This is my ten ton Horst farm wagon. No jack on the tongue for a very good reason. It's a plot to break an old man's back. Mainly haul LARGE boulders & chunks of pine logs with it. That's management checking out my work. Brown Cocker Spaniel. View attachment 633314

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?
I kinda figured you did not get my original point.😊
The trailer has a really heavy duty Jack stand so I really do not want to remove it for one job. I値l be trying to start this job this weekend. Along with my buddy, who has a mini excavator with a hydraulic thumb, we figure it will take us about three or four days to move all the brush to the field and the logs to a firewood staging area.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #33  
I just chained mine to the draw bar, no problem at all.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?
Ok, sorry for the delay in updating. I had some other pressing issues to attend to. Here痴 what i ended up doing.
I put the hitch receiver on the 3-pt so I could lift the trailer high enough to get thru the soft field. When i got to the field dump site for the big brush pile, I used a short chain from the hitch receiver to the tractor draw bar so if the trailer tipped upward it could only go as high as the chain would extend. Like others have said, it worked like a charm. The trailer only tipped upward when I was dumping the larger logs; very little with just brush. The 3-pt arms only went up Slightly higher than the draw bar because of the chain and it didn稚 damage anything. Thanks again to this group. I would have most likely NOT thought to do it this way and could have damaged the tractor. I appreciate all you guys help and suggestions.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #35  
Thanks again to this group. I would have most likely NOT thought to do it this way and could have damaged the tractor. I appreciate all you guys help and suggestions.

Another TBN success story! Man this forum is great. Glad it went well for ya.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #36  
Good to know! I hauled about 4 yards of sand with my little Kubota L2501 and a 12 ft dump trailer. It lifted the arms a bit but by then the angle of the dump prevented it from doing any damage to the tractor - I didn't know it could damage it but it makes sense spelled out here.

/ Can you pull a 7’x12’ dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver? #37  
Re: Can you pull a 7遅12 dump trailer with a 3pt trailer hitch receiver?

Just a question because I really do not know if I was in error.

I pulled my 5x8 dump trailer last summer a lot with my BX2200. Probably only a bit over a ton load, likely not more than 3000 lbs I would suspect.

Anyway, I never experience an issue with the tongue lifting the 3PH arms that I am aware of. And when dumping, since this trailer does not raise to what I think a satisfactory angle should be, I always raised the 3PH arms fully up, to get maximum dump angle, before dumping.

Was I in danger of damaging something? I kind of think not, but may be missing something.

I pulled the trailer uphill with the 3PH on the low side of its range. When I had traction, the issue was lifting the front wheels off the ground, or getting close to it. When I did not have traction I waited for things to dry out...:)

My guess is the geometry of my little trailer and my loading practice made things OK. But I do not really know.