Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #41  
Baked beans infused with onions, bacon and part of a shredded pork roast and some other flavorings. I let the conglomeration meld together for 2 days before eating.
Sounds tasty. Maybe not Xmas dinner, but something I'm going to have to make in the not too distant future!
He smoked for 4 hours and came out awesome!
Well, that looks a whole lot meatier than I expected from a duck. Many years ago my then-GF and I decided to try doing a duck for Christmas. Wasn't bad tasting, but there wasn't much meat on it, just the 2 of us there were no leftovers. Pricey too!

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #42  
Sounds tasty. Maybe not Xmas dinner, but something I'm going to have to make in the not too distant future!

Well, that looks a whole lot meatier than I expected from a duck. Many years ago my then-GF and I decided to try doing a duck for Christmas. Wasn't bad tasting, but there wasn't much meat on it, just the 2 of us there were no leftovers. Pricey too!
There are ducks and there are ducks, ours was 6 lbs. raw. Domestic duck of course. We used to have a Canada goose for dinner when we were lucky.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking..
House is starting to smell yummy as the Standing Rib is cooking away in the oven. Getting hungry.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #44  
Picture of finished product

IMG_4307.jpg

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #47  
We buy beef by the halves, and occasionally whole. So we opted for grilling steaks this year. I made T-bones and sirloins with baked potatoes and broccoli for 11 people today on the pellet grill.

I’ve done the standing rib roast in previous years, and have to say that it is one of my favorite holiday meals of all time.

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #49  
Now for Sunday’s dinner! Christmas dinner part II !

/ Christmas dinner... What are you cooking.. #50  
leftovers :p