dad wants a cab

/ dad wants a cab #11  
he says it's "nice," he uses it, he think "I" should have gotten a cab. it's bigger than what he needs. my guess is with a cab and the on and off the tractor stuff he does either he will remove one of the doors or my tractor will see more use from him. though i know he will like the cab in the cold and wind, and the sun and heat.

Opening and closing the door is not an issue. It might add about 2-3 seconds for the full cycle of getting off and back on.

/ dad wants a cab #12  
Well poking around the JD side of tractorhouse.com I don't find much that is 30 HP with cab and is also gear tranny. A 4059R if he would go HST. Have a good time helping him find just the right size and color. :)

/ dad wants a cab #13  
Are there any tractor auctions in your area? I have one that's about an hour away, then there are a few more farther out. I've found that going to the auction yard and getting into the different brands is a great way to compare which ones feel more comfortable to me. No salesman and usually there are dozens and dozens of them to look at.

Eddie

/ dad wants a cab #14  
Until you said he didn't like the local LS dealer I was going to suggest an XR4046. Are there LS dealers farther away but still a reasonable distance? A new LS might be bought for the same price of a used big name brand.

/ dad wants a cab #15  
Get him out there and look at tractors ! Big cab door , steps , ease of entry , seat ? All of these tractors are good , but he has to like it . Also get him comfy with HST. I bet you see a smile !

/ dad wants a cab
guys we're looking at used model thinking 2005-2013. harder to do find those used models, since very rarely are they on dealers lots. he has access to HST, he uses one regularly he doesn't like it, but he will deal with it if he has to, he's too old to change. once we get a bunch of models that meet the general criteria, then we can try and find ones that will work for him and get him to test drive one.

eddie - that is a great idea. i know of 5 farm auctions, throughout the year, that are local ish, but they rarely have cabbed tractors, those that are are large AG units. I will look into it and see what is available.

/ dad wants a cab #17  
Here is the link to the one I go to. It doesn't list everything, so when I'm in the mood and have the time, I enjoy stopping and taking a look in person.

Noon Day Tractor Auction

They also list some of the stuff there for sale that you can buy anytime before the auction, and if it doesn't sell at the auction and it's still there, then sometimes it's listed on their other site.

J & K Sales, Ltd

This is my favorite place to day dream about what's out there and get a idea of what things are selling for. I look at this as the top end price for stuff in my area.

Eddie

/ dad wants a cab #18  
Eddie, I've gone down to Noon Day to look around a few times. They do have a bunch of tractors most of the time. It's a good way to spend a couple of hours climbing around on all different makes, models and sizes.

/ dad wants a cab #19  
I have 2 Kubota L3430 cab tractors for sale and a L4330 coming in in june im a little drive ,just north of Chicago dan 847 514 9162

/ dad wants a cab #20  
The problem with a used tractor from say 2010 is that the buyers that bought them then, as they wanted them, is that IF they still fill the original buyers needs and they don't want or need to sell them. If it is for sale then something has happened like the farmer dieing Or more disturbing is that the tractor did not meet expectations or fill the needs of the original purchaser. Find the one they will not sell and buy a new one like it as that is the one that will serve you well.