dad wants a cab

/ dad wants a cab #21  
There are plenty of other reasons for people to be selling their tractor. Such as upsizing or downsizing their property, moving to another state, changing specific uses for which the tractor was purchased, or some people just seem to want to buy a new tractor every few years. I know a guy that trades tractors every two years like clockwork.

/ dad wants a cab #22  
There are plenty of other reasons for people to be selling their tractor. Such as upsizing or downsizing their property, moving to another state, changing specific uses for which the tractor was purchased, or some people just seem to want to buy a new tractor every few years. I know a guy that trades tractors every two years like clockwork.

I don't want to stomp on the guy that trades every two years! It is his money and he certainly has the right. But compare him, always undecided on what he has bought and thinking about what to buy next to the tractor owner that did the math and bought a profitable machine to begin with. Every transaction with a dealer generates about $3000 dollars for the dealer. You can feed him once every two years or if you chose wisely once every twenty years.

/ dad wants a cab
found a dealer in MA with a Kioti DK40SE heading up to NH next week on a job with my father and it's about an hour out of the way we'll stop and look. also found a MF 1643 in VA 4ish hours the other way. we'll see how this goes.

/ dad wants a cab
had to go to the local New Holland Kioti dealer to get some parts, since it was raining and dad was not working he tagged along. in their used/customer section there was a DK40 SE hydro. he liked it and though it very nice. I bought my parts and he went to find the salesman. Yes it was for sale, in fact it had been sold, awaiting payment. 235 hours, $25000, the owner traded up to a NX5510. Dad missed it by about 5 days. He did leave his info with the salesman. I did take my camera, but did not take any photos.

/ dad wants a cab #25  
I don't want to stomp on the guy that trades every two years! It is his money and he certainly has the right. But compare him, always undecided on what he has bought and thinking about what to buy next to the tractor owner that did the math and bought a profitable machine to begin with. Every transaction with a dealer generates about $3000 dollars for the dealer. You can feed him once every two years or if you chose wisely once every twenty years.

Usually in recent years the folks buying a new tractor every couple of years were small business folk and were buying them to take the section 179 tax deductions. They could be fully expensed the year you bought them.

/ dad wants a cab #26  
I'm not a tax expert by any measure and have no clue what section 179 provides, But I have to say that if you bought a tractor just because it saved you money on your tax bill you don't fit in here at all!

/ dad wants a cab #27  
Until you said he didn't like the local LS dealer I was going to suggest an XR4046. Are there LS dealers farther away but still a reasonable distance? A new LS might be bought for the same price of a used big name brand.

The the XR series is nice... The XU series is NICE!

I shopped around a long time. I wanted new. Haven't ever owned anything new. Looked at Deere, Kubota, Kioti, Mahindra, LS. I settled on LS for best value/bang for the buck.

I had a run in with my dealer that was 5 miles away. So I bought one from the dealer 35 miles away!

LS P7010C: all gear drive with mechanical shuttle shift, cabbed tractor with big doors that are easy to enter/exit. Only problem 72HP is a little larger than you are needing.

CT

/ dad wants a cab
The the XR series is nice... The XU series is NICE!

I shopped around a long time. I wanted new. Haven't ever owned anything new. Looked at Deere, Kubota, Kioti, Mahindra, LS. I settled on LS for best value/bang for the buck.

I had a run in with my dealer that was 5 miles away. So I bought one from the dealer 35 miles away!

LS P7010C: all gear drive with mechanical shuttle shift, cabbed tractor with big doors that are easy to enter/exit. Only problem 72HP is a little larger than you are needing.

CT

and the whole final tier 4 thing

/ dad wants a cab #29  
As for trading in every two years, supposedly the whole compact tractor "thing" got started because the Japanese government made it very tax advantageous for small Japanese farmers to get a new tractor every three years, in order to encourage and support the companies making them. Some enterprising guys brought a bunch of 3 year old used tractors over from Japan to our West Coast, and the rest is history. Sometimes things are more complicated than they first appear.

/ dad wants a cab #30  
and the whole final tier 4 thing

I could be wrong where the tier 4 cutoff is. I believe it is over 65hp is exempt. The 2014 P7010C (72hp) is tier 3. No DEF, no soot traps, no regen. Just common rail injection.

CT