dad wants a cab

/ dad wants a cab #32  
Hummm... Seems EPA is pushing Tier 4 all the way to 175hp by 2015. Appears my tractor was a Tier 4 Interim (what ever that means?) I did not investigate Final Tier 4 very much when I found out the P-Series was CRDI without the various emissions controls on smaller equipment.

CT

/ dad wants a cab
yes it probably is. it means no DPF and regens. which is a big plus for my father. unfortunately he decided this about 1 year too late.

/ dad wants a cab #34  
If you love your dad like I do mine , get a cab tractor . Life is short , let him enjoy . You will never regret .

/ dad wants a cab
well the DK40 in MA was a misprint on craigslist, but over the weekend i noticed the local Kubota dealer has a cabbed L5240 in the used equipment section. Dad called the salesman and the tractors is an 07 or 08 with 600ish hours. $26000 and he will take take of the other Kubota but probably not the Massey

/ dad wants a cab #36  
600 hours is just barely broken in. I'm not up to date on pricing on those tractors, but I suspect the equivalent Kubota today would be well over $40,000, wouldn't it? Sounds like this could be a good deal.

Your dad would think he was in heaven in that Grand L cab. I assume that the Grand L's of that vintage had the HST+ transmission.

/ dad wants a cab #37  
Agreed, the 5240 looks like a very good buy with very low hours. The HST+ is really nice.

/ dad wants a cab
been a while but my father tells me he bough from a dealer a 2012 or 2013 DK40 HST with just over 200 hours. looks brand new. came delivered with a recent service and a full set of manual for $25K. pics when i get out to the farm. it also means that he will be selling his MF 1045.

/ dad wants a cab
pics as promised (if a little late)

Last edited:
   / dad wants a cab #40  
The tractor looks great. It does look brand new. I've been very happy with my DK50SE, and I think your dad will LOVE having a cab and the modern conveniences of the DK40SE.

While the tractor looks great, that may be the ugliest finish mower I've ever seen. :D

I would suggest doing two things right away. First, check the guide tube that the bucket level indicator rod goes through. Mine was loose and I know several other people who found theirs to be loose too. I used some blue loctite on it and it hasn't loosened up any.

Secondly, I would adjust the radio antenna (on the right side above the cab door) so that the end of it isn't sticking up above the top of the cab. I was careless and a limb got between the antenna and the top of the cab and, when I backed up, it ripped it off the cab.