Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #1  

r0GuE

Veteran Member
Tractor
ex-Bota Owner
W O W!
Yep, I can't believe I'm contemplating this either, but my need for the loader is quite diminished now and going from a 60" deck to a 54" is a negligible difference (for me).
I found a guy with the TG1860 who wants to upsize to a BX. The hours are similar 30 on his 50 on mine (50 Hr service is done). Is it reasonable to just take the list prices of each, subtract the difference and have that be the cash value I would expect. I would think that the TG1860 would be less saleable (at least in my area) so this seems beneficial for him at least as much as it is for me. Besides, he stands to gain more from the tax savings. What do you think? Am I crazy for downsizing? Is this deal reasonable? Let me have it. At least the TG is still ORANGE!!!

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #2  
You're nuts! Unless you have a financial emergency, keep the BX. As you get older, the loader will come in handy for moving all sorts of heavy things. Not just dirt, mulch & snow.

Edit here: Read your own words (in your profile).

<font color="orange"> FEL (indispensable part of a BX, they shouldn't even sell them without it!)</font>

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif You got me there!!!!
I have to admit, I love the loader when I need it.

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Besides, he stands to gain more from the tax savings.)</font>

Just curious about the tax savings comment. What did you mean?..................chim

PS - I'd hang onto the BX

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #5  
Now that I finally have a loader, I think I can comment.
I can't imagine having a tractor without one. I have been
amazed at how much easier things are with the loader.

John-proud loader owner for 5 days now!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860
Sales tax. If he sells his and buys a new BX, he will pay 6% on the value of the new BX. If I sell mine and buy a new TG, I will pay 6% on the value of the new TG. In the end we both save sales tax if we work something out, but he saves more.

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #7  
That seems like going from driving a Lexus to a Toyota Corolla. They are both built by the same company. Think about the next time you want to haul a load of rocks and you have to use the wheelbarrow. That is why I am buying a small tractor. I am tired of the wheelbarrow and shovel. You can get rid of the loader but not the tasks you bought it for.

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #8  
Keep the BX. According to your profile I noticed a lot 400+ feet of driveway and private road.
At just over 50 hours, you haven't used your FEL! It's still new.
Buy yourself a load of topsoil and just keep moving it around and have some fun.

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #9  
I vote for keeping the BX too. In 10 years from now, I bet the BX will have a much greater value than the TG, assuming you'd keep either in good shape. The BX will always be more versatile, therefore more in demand.

Over the long term, you'll really be sorry you gave up the features and flexibility of the BX. Unless this is a financial emergency, KEEP THE BX!

~Rick

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #10  
You have got to be the 1st. person that I've ever heard of that traded down on tractor size. I can never seem to get one big enough.

Daryl
Forage Services, L.P.

Attachments

• 253104-3050.jpg
    253104-3050.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 181