Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #21  
<font color="red">Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 </font>

<font color="blue">What do you think? Am I crazy for downsizing?
</font>

<font color="orange">W O W! W O W! W O W! </font>

You must of fell out of bed… and smashed your head… but good…! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

First, take a few days off work… then…

“Pick up a shovel”… go dig a 3’ x 3’ x 3’ hole… move that dirt 100’ feet across the yard (by hand with the shovel!)…

Now… take that pile of dirt and… go back and fill in that hole (by hand with the shovel!)…

Take a hot shower, two Tylenol & plenty of liquids, go to bed for lots of rest and cure that serious “head cold” you must certainly have… /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wake up… give your wife a big hug [love] and your BX a big kiss… [love]

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #22  
In addition to your bigger shed & the grass catcher consider getting turf tires (for your lawn marking problem). I seem to recall a set is about $300. Do a search. A set for my TC18 is $800 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. For $300 I'd have both. Man we're good at spending other's money.

While you await shed (or is it big enough yet to call a barn /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) construction, take the FEL off when you mow, put it on when you store the tractor. You'll get real good & quick at it if you do it every week. Should only take 5 min.

Glad you came to your senses. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #23  
Seriously, you need a bigger building. Not certain of how much room you have but with interest rates so low now you could build yourself a bigger building--on a slab--- and it will add to the value of your property and be very useful. Even something like 24X24/30ish can do wonders and if you build it to match your house, siding, shingles etc it will look nice and be a great addition to your place. That is my story and I am sticking to it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif J

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #24  
A BX2200 can't need that big of a building (of course bigger buildings are great). But after looking at the present building, you need a new one anyway /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860
The first place I looked had several varieties. I prefer a shed rather than barn style. I think they called itr a dutch barn. The largest shed style is 18' x 10'. That is 6' longer and 2' wider than what I have. I will keep looking for alarger one.

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #26  
I bought a new TG1860 last summer and it is a very nice machine. (Same excellent 3 cyl diesel as the BX1800) This past winter I had 35 days that I needed to use my walk behind blower. I wish I had bought a BX so I could use it for clearing snow also. 3 pt hitch blowers are cheap. I'm considering dealing it back for a BX1500 mower and blower combo. I would keep the BX.

Dean

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #27  
You want turfs? I want bar tires. Want to swap? We can both save some money and get what we need. Email me if you're interested.

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #28  
i don't see any advantage to u getting rid of the bx. i just noticed your location. i bought my b2400 from rittenour, in your fair city. 172 miles from home, worth the trip!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860
Actually, I had turfs and went to the bars when I bought the loader because I was spinning out and "turf"ing the lawn. The bars are probably not my problem, I'm guessing it is the weight. I will probably go back to the turfs but keep the bars for loader work and or snow moving. For $270 on the wheels (my local guy quoted me) it is a bargain!

This is a cool fact, the bagger for the BX weights 180 lbs! Quality = Weight? I guess it should be heavy, it costs as much as a craftsmen riding mower! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Downsizing from BX2200 to TG1860 #30  
This forum is great. You were considering downsizing to a smaller tractor and ended up planning to build a detached garage, get a bagger for your BX, and buy an extra set of tires. Too funny!

P.S. At least now I know there's other folk out there like me /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif