Echo 2511T is an amazing saw!

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #31  
Jason has a new 2511 spike. His 10, been tried and tested by climbers before release.

Plus a little pick me up option.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw!
Jason has a new 2511 spike. His 10, been tried and tested by climbers before release.

Plus a little pick me up option.

I seen where he released his spike and at a very cheap price. I just bought his muffler a couple of weeks ago...

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #33  
Shouldn't there be a little back pressure for a 2 stroke instead of a straight pipe header?

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #34  
I've come to like the battery chain saws. I have a little Greenworks saw. Not quite as powerful as some of the gas saws, but extremely easy to use. Pull the trigger and it goes. Let go of the trigger and it stops... very quickly.

And it is a lot quieter than a gas saw.

Mine is a few years old, so there are probably better ones now.

Most major brands are now offering battery powered saws including Stihl.

I have a mcculloch SP 125 that can be heard miles away once it hooks up into a big log. Its fun to run a saw tuned to make the most power possible, instead of designing for emissions and noise reduction. I have a stihl 090 and a Husqvarna 2100 that also are pre emission designs that just roar, but the SP125 is a special beast.

These small top handle saws have much more duty cycle than the battery powered ones. Try cutting in the heat and you will have 10 minutes before the battery overheats. That is the biggest difference.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #35  
Shouldn't there be a little back pressure for a 2 stroke instead of a straight pipe header?

If it's a true 2 stroke, then it needs some back pressure to have cross scavenging. If saw is a strato design (most saws after 2010), then it's a loop scavenging and not much back pressure is needed.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #36  
Last edited:
   / Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #37  
Knocked out a fallen Ash today. First of many for the customer.

1706656117355.jpeg

My bone stock 261C with 20” skip ate this thing like a little snack.

1706656288274.jpeg

1706656183635.jpeg

Didn’t need the 500i at all.

I must be boring, I don’t think I ever “modded“ a saw. A few trucks, sure, but if a saw can’t do what I want it to do off the shelf, then what’s the use in buying the dang thing?

I DO like the airbox mods that trap more dirt, or improve the suspension….

Last edited:
   / Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #38  
Live a little. Treat yourself to a modded saw.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #39  
Live a little. Treat yourself to a modded saw.

I “live“ a LOT more than you think. ;)
A modded saw isn’t needed when I have my 500i.
Screams out da box good enough for me.

/ Echo 2511T is an amazing saw! #40