F3680 slope capacity?

/ F3680 slope capacity? #21  
If you get the F-3680 I would just mow over it several times at good height to chop it into finer bits and leave it where is. (Always mow at full throttle.) The F machines are industrial-rugged, but not so easy to change cutting height often. (do not need tools, just fiddly!) I settled on about 4" for everything all year and just call it 'Mowed Paddock'.... works fine here for us! Even set my JD 22" SP mower the same for around-house edging and trim. Cheers, Rip

/ F3680 slope capacity?
Is the PTO output connection on the F-3680 the same as on a regular Kubota tractor like the L2501? I'm guessing the lift mechanism isn't the same as a tractor 3pt so there wouldn't be an easy way to use a light duty rotary brush cutter designed for a tractor on the F-3680?

/ F3680 slope capacity? #23  
Hello Rocks, It is similar but Not the same! The F lift system is basically a 3pt (mounted bit lower to ground) without the top link. I have set up several custom attachments to use just the lift arms & pins (cat 1) with the rear arm mounts so lifts at same angle and arc as the arms move, without the toplink to provide a parallelogram action. Not great, but OK for what I do.

The other bigger issue is PTO Speed.... the F is full engine RPM (about 2800) while a regular utility (or CUT) is 540. Have not paid attention to direction, which could be another problem.

The F is primarily a mower.... and what I mainly use it for.... the other bits I have fabricated give it additional versatility, but do not turn it into a regular tractor.... but you already have such for those duties. A number of companies do make flail mower heads which mount right up for these machines if you expected to have ongoing need for such. They not a mulcher, but can handle very rough stuff on regular basis. I would classify the standard Kubota RCK rotary mower decks halfway between a 'finish' mower and a 'brush hog or slasher'.

Our place was Very Overgrown when we bought it and I did consider such a head, but took my time and got it all mowed fence-to-fence with the Kubota 60" deck.... bit of time but no dramas .... and even with only single drive belt (vs the double it supposed to have)! And it was ROUGH!!

Good Luck!! Cheers, Rip

/ F3680 slope capacity?
Thank you. I had no idea that the PTO speed was like that or that the direction of rotation could be another issue.

/ F3680 slope capacity? #25  
I think most mid-mount rotary CUT or Utility mower deck PTOs run at similar speeds.

/ F3680 slope capacity? #26  
Is the PTO output connection on the F-3680 the same as on a regular Kubota tractor like the L2501? I'm guessing the lift mechanism isn't the same as a tractor 3pt so there wouldn't be an easy way to use a light duty rotary brush cutter designed for a tractor on the F-3680?

Your Kubota F-3680 model PTO output shaft should be the same as for example IH Farmall Cub tractor PTO shaft is - it's easy to count the splines & measure the OD if it is .098" ?

See my post couple of years ago regarding my F3060

Kubota F3060 PTO Shaft - OEM Replacment No Longer Available!

(The U-joints in F-3680 PTO shaft may or may not be the same as MOOG 861 ?)

Weasler parts are readily available - I hope this helps.

Cheers

PTO Output Shaft.jpg

Last edited:
   / F3680 slope capacity? #27  
PTO output on F-3680 is smaller spline shaft than 'standard rear PTO on other Utility, CUT or SCUT tractors of any make I know of and is used across many models and years of Kubota F, Z and other mowers.

It may well be same as under-belly PTO used for some shaft-drive mid-mount mower decks and front-mount snowblowers. The several custom fabricated attachments I have made are non-power.

A Happier New Year to All!! Cheers, Rip

Last edited: