Fix front winch

/ Fix front winch #2  
With 10,000# line pull you might seriously damage your tractor which only weights 3,000 pounds.
Unless your tractor was chained to a very big tree you could never develop 10,000# line pull. Your tractor would just be sliding across the pavement.
What are you trying to do with the winch?

Dave M7040

/ Fix front winch #3  
With 10,000# line pull you might seriously damage your tractor which only weights 3,000 pounds. Unless your tractor was chained to a very big tree you could never develop 10,000# line pull. Your tractor would just be sliding across the pavement. What are you trying to do with the winch? Dave M7040
It would drag the tractor around long before damage resulted assuming the attachment point was adequate. Unless of course he chained to to a tree or rammed the FEL into the ground. What's the intended use? It'll pull pretty slow. You may be better off going with a 3 point hitch PTO driven skidding winch. I didn't see a price on the hydraulic winch, but I'm guessing it's over $1000 USD and you still have to get a hydraulic hook up.

/ Fix front winch #4  
I've seen plenty of PTO winches and hydraulic winches on vehicles but not a hydraulic winch on a tractor. The vehicle mounted ones I've seen run off the PS pump.
This seems like a fairly straight forward project. I'd assume you could use a 3rd function setup and QC the fittings into the winch when needed.

/ Fix front winch #5  
$799 US, shipped from Canada or $999 if bought in Canada. Probably cheaper if bought in China.

/ Fix front winch #6  
I have a 10,000 lb. Warn electric winch on the front of my tractor to be used as a backup, or when I can't get in a position to use the PTO driven Farmi winch. It has already paid for itself when my Farmi had to be serviced because of a defective clutch. Only problem is that the Warn is slowwww. But it served it's purpose as a backup and I was able to continue skidding with my Quick Hitch and chokers.

/ Fix front winch
The goal is:
Using it occasionnaly to remove some tree far from my road. When is happen I don't want to remove the snow blower or the backoe from the back of tractor for one tree.
Having it full time on the tractor help on other occasion (if I'm stuck by example)
With an hydraulic one it will be faster and stonger then an electric one.
And don't forget that 10000 lbs is the rating at the max flow with all the wire out of the drum. In reality it vary from 4000 to 10000lbs. So just perfect for the purpose.
Also I can probably use fhe loader as an fix point if holding power is too strong.
Last, it will be cheaper then buying a new real forest winch.

/ Fix front winch #8  
Costco sells the same winch for $800, was considering buying one for the tractor, but think compared to a skidding winch it would be too slow and not enough cable for my needs. For occasional use it would work well and may be something worth trying.

/ Fix front winch #9  
The goal is: Using it occasionnaly to remove some tree far from my road. When is happen I don't want to remove the snow blower or the backoe from the back of tractor for one tree. Having it full time on the tractor help on other occasion (if I'm stuck by example) With an hydraulic one it will be faster and stonger then an electric one. And don't forget that 10000 lbs is the rating at the max flow with all the wire out of the drum. In reality it vary from 4000 to 10000lbs. So just perfect for the purpose. Also I can probably use fhe loader as an fix point if holding power is too strong. Last, it will be cheaper then buying a new real forest winch.
I would not recommend doing that. That's a great way to break something. The loader was designed to take the push of the tractor and not much more. A 10000 pounds is many times stronger than what the tractor could push.

/ Fix front winch #10  
Costco sells the same winch for $800, was considering buying one for the tractor, but think compared to a skidding winch it would be too slow and not enough cable for my needs. For occasional use it would work well and may be something worth trying.

Thanks for that, I'll have to find someone who's a member.:thumbsup: They also give a pulley block with theirs. Here's the cosco link for it. It also say's shipping and handling included, not bad.
Runva 1HX 4535.9 kg (1, lb.) Hydraulic Steel Cable Recovery Winch