Flail Mower flail mowers-how are they holding up?

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #41  
That's what I'm thinking. I have some grass by my drive that is a good candidate.

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #42  
Are you sure its not a white vegetable
grade lubricating grease; that is the
only thing I can think of.

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #43  
Wait a minute. This is an Italian manufactured mower right? The white stuff is therefore either Alfredo, Carbonara or just Mozzarella left over from a lunch break. Taste it to find out.:thumbsup:

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #44  
:laughing:
I didn't realize that with every flail came a free pizza. I just have to go buy some breadsticks...

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #45  
Anyone have the Gates part numbers for the Caroni 1900 belts? Or the original specs? I don't have a manual. Thanks,

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #46  
Anyone have the Gates part numbers for the Caroni 1900 belts? Or the original specs? I don't have a manual. Thanks,

Size is B43 17x1090 Don't know the part number.

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #47  
The B43 designation is universal as
all V belts are metric.

I am unable to upload the manual for
you as the file is too big.

If you care to PM me and put your e-mail
in the PM I can send it to you quickly.

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #48  
can someone tell me the diff. in a brush hog and a flail mower plz?

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #49  
can someone tell me the diff. in a brush hog and a flail mower plz?

Brush (bush) hog is a large rotary mower... Think your lawn mower on steroids. Usually 2 independently hinged blade halves as compared to the lawnmower's 1 piece blade. Blade rotates in a horizontal plane. Powered by tractor PTO

Flail has a series of small knives (sort of L shaped) attached to a rotor that spins axially. Powered by tractor PTO

/ flail mowers-how are they holding up? #50  
My Ford 917H cost $150 at an implement auction three years ago. The serial number was worn off, so I'm guessing it's at least 30 years old. Had no PTO shaft, no belt, needed nuts/bolts/knives/hangers/brackets. $350 later I had an operational 74" flail. Worked flawlessly until yesterday, when a bearing race supporting the rear carrier (roller) shattered. Bearing assembly "disassembled". Not a cheap part either (little over $50), but I guess that's reasonable price to pay for 2.5 seasons of otherwise trouble-free mowing. On the plus side; with the roller temporarily out of the way, it's now much easier to sharpen the knives without taking them off the carrier.

//greg//