Food in bed

/ Food in bed #41  
We, too, bake our potatoes in the microwave, but I remember when a neighbor lady told my wife she didn't like them cooked in the microwave because the microwave ruined them. My wife discovered the lady was putting one or two small potatoes in the microwave for 20-30 minutes.:D

/ Food in bed #42  
We, too, bake our potatoes in the microwave, but I remember when a neighbor lady told my wife she didn't like them cooked in the microwave because the microwave ruined them. My wife discovered the lady was putting one or two small potatoes in the microwave for 20-30 minutes.:D

There are those who say a microwave destroys the cellular structure of foods, thereby changing the taste and nutrition. But, a baked potato is a somewhat legitimized means of getting sour cream and butter - right? :laughing:
Dave.

/ Food in bed #43  
There are those who say a microwave destroys the cellular structure of foods, thereby changing the taste and nutrition. But, a baked potato is a somewhat legitimized means of getting sour cream and butter - right? :laughing:
Dave.

Right! In fact, I had one last night and I used enough sour cream that I skipped the butter this time, although I normally use a bit of both.:D

/ Food in bed #44  
If you want to try something a little different microwave your potatos for a minute or two less than normal, and bake them in the oven for the another 10-15 minutes. Quicker than just baking, but you still get the crisp skin.

/ Food in bed #45  
Curly, sometimes I enjoy the crisp skin, but frequently at home, we get the potatoes wet before baking in the microwave, so we have just the opposite; very thin flexible skin that we just pull off before mashing the rest of the potato with the butter, sour cream, salt & pepper. Or sometimes leave that thin skin on and just mash it up with the rest of the potato. That is, except for my wife. She will not eat sour cream; just butter, salt & pepper. Bound to be something defective in her tasting mechanism.:laughing:

/ Food in bed
Prokop, Hope that mine was not live :eek:

Thanks for that link, I've been to Dukla (Poland) in 1991 and never realized that such a decisive battle took place there. Was at the war museum but didn't know why it was there.
Dukla is also known for early oil discovery and a saint.
Patron Saints Index: Saint John of Dukla

My wife is from Poland, her sister still lives in Krosno which is just to the North.

I have been to your Motherland as well in 1996, just over the border in the Tatra mountains, beautiful place :)

Tatra Mountains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

JB.

JB: Yes, it was live mine, that's why they took it from him. Tank mines need a lot of pressure to go off, he was somewhat safe to sleep with it, but I still would not do it myself:D

I love Tatras, hiked there many times, especially Low Tatras. If you know the movie Behind Enemy Lines - the first one - it was actually filmed there and not in Jugoslavia.

Curly: I wrap it in towels to keep it clean, but I understand it could be taboo for some people to do this:)

Tugboat: Thanks for the memories too:)