Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #11  
Took delivery this morning. Real nice unit with some great specs.

Thanks to your pictures I now have the fever to buy one. :) Sent in a quote request to 2 JD dealers for SB1164. Be very happy with a $2100 offer.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up
Thanks to your pictures I now have the fever to buy one. :) Sent in a quote request to 2 JD dealers for SB1164. Be very happy with a $2100 offer.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

I hope you get that price. Don't know that it matters in regards to price but, the JD dealer I bought from is a relatively large dealer with a good reputation here in central Maine.

Good luck.!!

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #13  
Nice looking, I can't use a rear blower or other rear attachments for any length of time...Fell down our basement steps about 10 yrs ago , and didn't do the neck any good.

Nice looking, I can't use a rear blower or other rear attachments for any length of time...Fell down our basement steps about 10 yrs ago , and didn't do the neck any good.

Honestly, I am a bit concerned about being "turned around" for an hour or so.

I might hook up a mirror of some sort, though I am not sure this is the cure all. Something about seeing it "live" is an instinct to me.

I wish I could stand up, off to one side, in the cockpit with one hand on the wheel but, my tractor shuts down when I leave the seat.

What do the safety police say about operateing a pto implement while standing at the helm to help minimize the neck pain.??

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #15  
Nice blower. :thumbsup: You should take it off the tractor though, im not ready for snow yet. :laughing::laughing:

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #16  
The wired or wireless back up cameras available now are very reasonable in price-"back up buddy is one brand.

The wired or wireless back up cameras available now are very reasonable in price-"back up buddy is one brand.

Ya, I may look at something like this.

Anyone have pictures of the install and placement of something like this.??

How big is the screen.?? Bigger than say...a digital camera screen.??

It is such a natural instinct to look back at the attachment and what's going on back there. Thing is....all functions are A.O.K.!!!

Why do I always look back there.????:confused2:

Thanks for the tip on the camera, leonz.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #18  
Honestly, I am a bit concerned about being "turned around" for an hour or so.

I might hook up a mirror of some sort, though I am not sure this is the cure all. Something about seeing it "live" is an instinct to me.

I wish I could stand up, off to one side, in the cockpit with one hand on the wheel but, my tractor shuts down when I leave the seat.

What do the safety police say about operateing a pto implement while standing at the helm to help minimize the neck pain.??

If your deck/cockpit is big enough to stand on I would think the seat switch could be jumpered. I would not suggest doing this when using your MMM though.

Roy

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #19  
My driveway is 650ft long. I live on a hill in a field. Usually I blow at least 20ft wide. Even though there are no big banks, it still drifts, and keeping it this wide helps to keep it open.

My plan is to put a blade of some sort on the front and windrow all the snow into the middle and make one pass up the middle with blower(big storms will have to use only the blower). This will help with turning around in the seat. Also, with the right set of mirrors, once you get used to them, you won't need to turn around as much. I've groomed snowsled trails up here for yrs. We use NH tractors with suretracs systems to groom trails with. My neck was sore as heck(from turning around to look at drag) for the first part of the season. Once I settled in, i used the mirrors 90% of the time.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #20  
rear mount snow blowers and cameras

Ya, I may look at something like this.

Anyone have pictures of the install and placement of something like this.??

How big is the screen.?? Bigger than say...a digital camera screen.??

It is such a natural instinct to look back at the attachment and what's going on back there. Thing is....all functions are A.O.K.!!!

Why do I always look back there.????:confused2:

Thanks for the tip on the camera, leonz.

The JC whitney folks have the peak wireless cameras for $99.00 plus frieght,
its licence frame unit and they have a herd of other cameras too as well.

This one has a color monitor too and they can be stuck just about anywhere to view them-

It just dawned on me that a weather proof tractor radioand mount which mounts on the fenders would be perfect

as they also have the anti-vibration mounting for the radio kits.