Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #31  
I never knew what speed I was to turn the Blower, she sure worked good at high RPM. I'm with you more seat time is good, I do have a cab on mine so it can blow all it whats.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up
Tonight I cut my first pto shaft and tonite I watched the snowblower run on the back of the JD770. Oh boy, was that ever impressive to this green horn.!!

First time I have been that close to a pto driven implement. I couldn't believe the smooth operateing power of it all working together. Un-real. Like, wow and OMG.!!

It is impressive to actually see the unit running, up to speed. I have a new respect for the tractor after witnessing this. The auger is awesome but, when you look at the fan blade running THAT fast at those rpm's and it just makes you take a step back. I am amazed.

Here's a good picture of the 7" deep impellar. Man is that thing gonna blow the snow. So glad I treated myself to such a tool (attachment).!!

JDPtoLive93010005.jpg

JDPtoLive93010002.jpg

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #33  
Looks Great JDGG:thumbsup:

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #34  
Well JDGG glad to hear your first review was positive. Ordered the same Frontier SB1164 on August 25. Guy said 4-6 weeks so should be here any day. Definitely going to keep the dog away when that thing is munchin' snow! Wonder how far it would throw a 85 lb. Lab? :D

Well JDGG glad to hear your first review was positive. Ordered the same Frontier SB1164 on August 25. Guy said 4-6 weeks so should be here any day. Definitely going to keep the dog away when that thing is munchin' snow! Wonder how far it would throw a 85 lb. Lab? :D

Geez, I would think it would shoot your 85lb. lab about 15 feet further than my 100lb. lab.!! lmao. Trouble is, it ain't that funny.!!

You wait 'til you see that piece run.!! You'll take a step back, too.!!

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #36  
Tonight I cut my first pto shaft and tonite I watched the snowblower run on the back of the JD770. Oh boy, was that ever impressive to this green horn.!!

First time I have been that close to a pto driven implement. I couldn't believe the smooth operateing power of it all working together. Un-real. Like, wow and OMG.!!

It is impressive to actually see the unit running, up to speed. I have a new respect for the tractor after witnessing this. The auger is awesome but, when you look at the fan blade running THAT fast at those rpm's and it just makes you take a step back. I am amazed.

Here's a good picture of the 7" deep impellar. Man is that thing gonna blow the snow. So glad I treated myself to such a tool (attachment).!!

JDPtoLive93010005.jpg

JDPtoLive93010002.jpg

For myself, snowblowing is the way to go. I've downsized this year to a 7 1/2ft Lucknow, w/75hp tractor. The biggest unit I've had is a 9ftx4ft Lucknow powered by a 145hp MF1155. Didn't matter how big your dog is:p Bad humor, sorry. They are impressive to start 'em up and watch the blades turn. :thumbsup:

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #37  
JDGreenGrass,
Just be mindful that the snowblower will handily toss some small rocks and chunks of ice just as well as fluffy powder snow. You will hear when ice gets into the fan and it does tend to fly farther and hit harder wherever it lands.

In any case it will even make quick work of the hard compacted snow pushed into your driveway by the big highway plows, just slow down when you hit that stuff. Buy a few extra shear pins too, just in case.

JDGreenGrass,
Just be mindful that the snowblower will handily toss some small rocks and chunks of ice just as well as fluffy powder snow. You will hear when ice gets into the fan and it does tend to fly farther and hit harder wherever it lands.

In any case it will even make quick work of the hard compacted snow pushed into your driveway by the big highway plows, just slow down when you hit that stuff. Buy a few extra shear pins too, just in case.

I have snowblowed with a walk-behind blower for 20+ years. Even those huck debris in a dangerous way. I approach winter with a very cautious mind. I believe that when one uses a snowblower, you must monitor your driveway to be certain no rocks have popped up or other debris such as rope, or fishing line or twine doesn't come into to play.

As for shear bolts...I still break one or 2 a season it seems.

Things that make you go...Hmm.??

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #39  
The new Frontier SB1164 blower arrived today. :)