Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #21  
When I'm running my 3PH snowblower it takes only a few minutes of use before me and the operator's station is covered in snow dust. This is even when trying to "blow with the wind". I'd be hard pressed to believe that a mirror or camera/monitor would stay clear for very long.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #22  
The LCD screen stays cold and it could be covered with a zip lock bag if one desired to do so. some of them have a tilt mounting and could be used stop any snow dust.

An outside wing mirror with a mirrow extension has plenty of surface area and the mirror(could simply be tilted down a bit to avoid retaining snow dust.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #23  
:laughing::laughing::laughing::thumbsup:

I hope you get that price. Don't know that it matters in regards to price but, the JD dealer I bought from is a relatively large dealer with a good reputation here in central Maine.

Good luck.!!

Got the first quote. $2235 includes setup, delivery and taxes. Total discount $547. Approximately 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #24  
When I'm running my 3PH snowblower it takes only a few minutes of use before me and the operator's station is covered in snow dust. This is even when trying to "blow with the wind". I'd be hard pressed to believe that a mirror or camera/monitor would stay clear for very long.

I was assuming a cab set up. Have blown with an open station, not fun, have to agree with statement above.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #25  
rekees4300 -- Can you tell me what dealer you got that quote from? I'd like to call them tomorrow. If they'll match that I'll order from them and drive to Indiana to get it.

I've called every dealer within 100 miles of here and $2300 is the lowest so far. Doesn't include taxes.

Thanks,

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #26  
SMITH IMPLEMENTS, INC.
3871 WEST OLD HIGHWAY 46
GREENSBURG, IN, 47240
Phone: 888-794-5238

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #27  
Thanks very much!

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #28  
Very nice unit, what RPM does our JD turn the Blower? I have the same set up on my 3030 but it only turns 540, it works fine but when I had my old Kubota I could throw a lever and it would turn 1100, it worked great.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #29  
They are usually designed for 540 rpm as most tractors have that at the rear pto. I had a tractor that did 960 or 540 rpm at the rear but never tried blowing snow at the higher setting so I would not know the difference. If I blow the snow with the wind it is a very clean affair with next to nothing drifting back but sometimes I have no option and then that is a whiteout condition with about 2 feet of visibility. The only problem I found with the snoblower that it makes too quick work of nearly any depth of snow giving me less seat time.

/ Frontier Snowblower All Hooked-Up #30  
They are usually designed for 540 rpm as most tractors have that at the rear pto. I had a tractor that did 960 or 540 rpm at the rear but never tried blowing snow at the higher setting so I would not know the difference. If I blow the snow with the wind it is a very clean affair with next to nothing drifting back but sometimes I have no option and then that is a whiteout condition with about 2 feet of visibility. The only problem I found with the snoblower that it makes too quick work of nearly any depth of snow giving me less seat time.

Less seat time when it's -20F and the wind is howling = a good thing.