Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way
We used twenty yards of select fill. It runs from six inches deep to about a foot on the low corner.

Normally they use what looks like big big staples to locate the cloth barrier. But that wouldn't be worth a flip around a horse. So we dug a six inch deep trench around the perimeter. We also nailed the cloth to the treated lumber to help hold it in place in case the horse decides to be a paw'r.

There's a difference between a paw'n horse and a pa one.

Attachments

• 498409-Image003.jpg
    498409-Image003.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 895
Here's what the roofing framing ended up looking like.

Attachments

• 498411-Image004.jpg
    498411-Image004.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 895
This was after the fill was leveled and compacted for what we wanted now.

Attachments

• 498412-Image010.jpg
    498412-Image010.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 801
Corner detail.

Attachments

• 498413-Image012.jpg
    498413-Image012.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 716
Opening detail.

Attachments

• 498414-Image014.jpg
    498414-Image014.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 798
   / Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #26  
Very nice work, Harv. While I'm not a welder, my FIL is and I have seen some of his quality work.

See'in that gumbo brings back some not so fond memories.... I lived the in The Colony when it was only 3000 folks.... if you can even fathom what that was like compared to today. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #27  
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifHarv,

What are your up right pipes? They appear to be SS from here, or are my glasses in need of cleaning?

And your useing a hole saw may be overkill, but it sure makes a very good looking connection

The posts are regular old galvanized schedule forty two inch (2 3/8") pipe. They're still shiney because they just got off the boat. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Overkill is my middle name.

Today we had a good day going until the heat took me out. I used to be able to take the heat and ask for more. But I was on top of the building and my son in law was handing up the twelve foot sheets. I'd get them in place and we'd both screw them down.

It was like being in a solar rotissery. The bright white reflection made me put on sun glasses which I never wear. But I couldn't see without them.

So at one thirty I called it a day. Tucked my tail firmly between my legs and headed home to cool off. Tomorrow's another day. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Here's a shot of the twelve feet sheets before cutting on the ends.

Attachments

• 498647-Image001.jpg
    498647-Image001.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 893
We got really lucky with the sheets. It seems the cutoffs worked on the opposite corner side without additional trimming. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 498648-Image004.jpg
    498648-Image004.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 800
I've been sun sick so many times in my life. In my youth I'd reach down and grab a lower gear and keep on moving. But in the last couple of years the lower gears haven't been there.

Here's where we stopped.

Attachments

• 498650-Image005.jpg
    498650-Image005.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 927