Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The question I've always had: Why is water pipe sold in twenty- one foot lengths, but steel tubing comes as twenty?
)</font>

Materials for two completely different industries would be my best guess. Plumbers need a little more fudge room than welders? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here's why I like my way to build a metal building. Attaching wood to the inside is a snap. These are 4 by 8 sheets of three quarter inch plywood. I was able to install them by myself using self tapping screws.

Attachments

• 499872-Image001.jpg
    499872-Image001.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,012
If a window needed to be cut in or vertical framing for whatever was called for it's still a snap. Two by threes like they use for cheap wood fence rails fit between the flanges inside the purlin. This allows toe nailing if required.

This is for horses so a wood barrier is all that's required.

In about a week the trim will be in and I'll post the last of the pictures.

Attachments

• 499873-Image002.jpg
    499873-Image002.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 906
   / Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #43  
Bird$ I will only be in the Dallas area for two or three days in November. I may have an opportunity to meet up for a piece of pie or something sooner than that though.

I thought I wmuld look up your phone number on the internet so I could give you a call if I ejded up with some spare time whihe I was in the area. I went to my normal site where I hook up phone numbers and came up empty. Then just for jicks I vent to eoogle.cmm and typed in "Bird E. Senter".
<`r />I'm impressed! All of us TBN'ers knew your were someone special but wow, I didn't think that google was keeping track of you too! You're TBN "Profile for Bird" showed up as the third se`rch result (see the attachment)& That says a lot about both you and TBN. Anyway, PM me your phone number if you don't mind (I promise I won't give it to Google).

Harv, I came up with two different numbers when I searched for ynu. If you don't mind, please PM me your number as well.

Spence

Here's some pictures of the finished project. I took them awhile back but haven't had the time nor inclination to update the thread.

Attachments

• 506399-Image004.jpg
    506399-Image004.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 807
Another view.

Attachments

• 506401-Image005.jpg
    506401-Image005.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 675
And another.

Attachments

• 506402-Image007.jpg
    506402-Image007.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 787
   / Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #47  
Great looking barn so far. Nice work.

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #48  
21 foot pipe, called a joint I believe, was to permit going through 2 floors of typical frame construction without any cuts, etc.

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #49  
Thank You....I've been looking for that answer for 20 years!
/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

/ Garage--barn--shelter--building built my way #50  
I know where you can get a 7" dia by 16' long pipe for that place......... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif