GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen
True enough history, irvingj. And I'm still getting treated for it!!! :)

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #12  
Been wondering about why the cable should freeze on the newer models.Mine hasn't 2007 gc2300.Wonder if the new design of the hood[and vents]:confused2: have something to do with how water can be sent down onto the cable.Just my two cent's worth.Larry

Thanks for contributing. I see you have a Jinma chipper. Which model & Is there a thread on that one? Tanx.

Well, Larry, irvingj and I went back and forth in email before I posted here and he suggested possible powerwash but dealership says they didn't do that, just a "hand wash". My brother had suggested alternatively that it could happen during a wet transportation and more likely when the tractor is transported backwards. There are rubber grommets, and both ends are hidden, particularly the top end which is vertical. The lower end faces the rear and is horizontal. But once moisture (or anything that could freeze) gets driven into the vinyl covered casing surrounding the wire it's just not getting out because the cable dips down under the engine and up on both ends. I'm thinking at this point that it happens to random tractors when one of the above or similar event occurs. Dealership has ordered a new cable and will be picking up the tractor as they'd like to see if they can figure out what happened. Hopefully, they'll not tie it up very long as I don't expect they'll get any confession.

Last edited:
   / GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #15  
Thanks for contributing. I see you have a Jinma chipper. Which model & Is there a thread on that one? Tanx.

I'm sure there's a thread somewhere, the guys on here talk about everything. If you want to have a look at it, come on over. It'll have to wait til spring, though. It's tucked away and snowed in.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #16  
My 2005 2310 has never been in heated storage and has never frozen up either. I'd get a cable luber like is used on motorcycle cables and give it a big shot of "Cable Life" which should be available at any motorcycle dealer. Good luck.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #17  
My 2005 2310 has never been in heated storage and has never frozen up either. I'd get a cable luber like is used on motorcycle cables and give it a big shot of "Cable Life" which should be available at any motorcycle dealer. Good luck.

Thats what I did and it worked.

Thanks DarrylH20 ... hmmm "H20" ?? And we're talking moisture, is this coincidence? Yeah, I've had a couple folks mention squirting lubricants into the cable. I checked the Cable Life product and it sounds good as it's supposed to displace the water and "works at all temperatures", so maybe it'd boot out the ice as well. I'll be getting some of that, thanks. Need I mention that the same cable on my JD316 snowblower unit froze yesterday... but of course that was definitely exposed and I had a warning during the last storm as the cable was sticky. Coulda used Cable Life then :-(

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #19  
DarrylH20: Ha! I didn't even notice your location... I'm in Leeds, just up the street. If I can remember :) I'll private message you in a couple months and make arrangements for a visit. Would love to see one of these things all setup. Got a bunch of tops to chip. Just hate burning stuff when the chips are so useful especially with new home plans.

You must be talking to Jmynes. I'm not that far from Maine but not just down the street and don't have a chipper.:laughing:

You must be talking to Jmynes. I'm not that far from Maine but not just down the street and don't have a chipper.:laughing:
yes, certainly. How'd I do that? Thanks for the note.