GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #31  
I just had mine freeze again on my Gc2610. Dealer replaced the cable 1 year ago for the problem. I park mine indoors never leave it outside. The other day I was blowing snow. I left it outside in 15 degree weather for a few hours and it froze again. I removed the cable and attached a piece of fuel line over it with a hose clamp. Filled it with wd40 and used my air nozzle with a rubber tip to make a seal on the fuel line and blew the wd40 through the cable and out the other side like a jet engine. Hopefully this blew out the moisture and added some lube. There is obviously a flaw in the design of the cable for this to happen again.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #32  
I took my new cable and hosed the crap out of it with silicone lubricant before I put it in. I'm thinking of looking for a way to reroute it closer to the engine so it picks up more heat to help thaw it out while the motor is warming up.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #34  
Old thread but still relevant. I'm constantly experiencing throttle freeze-up on my GC2610. Massey sent me a new cable which didn't do squat. I've tried pushing copious amounts of PB Blaster through the cable and copious amounts of silicone lube. Nothing worked but last night I got to looking at the thing and realized the majority of the cable isn't frozen. In my case it's the cable entrance at the throttle lever where I was finding ice so it would appear that maybe only the first few inches at the lever end are freezing. The primary cause I believe everyone pretty much has figured out is water running down the lever makes its way to the cable and seeps in past the boot. I don't know if it will help but what I did with mine to see if it works is put a wire tie around the lever before the cable attachment point to see if I can get any water to drip from the wire tie and not make it to the cable attach point.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #35  
Old thread but still relevant. I'm constantly experiencing throttle freeze-up on my GC2610. Massey sent me a new cable which didn't do squat. I've tried pushing copious amounts of PB Blaster through the cable and copious amounts of silicone lube. Nothing worked but last night I got to looking at the thing and realized the majority of the cable isn't frozen. In my case it's the cable entrance at the throttle lever where I was finding ice so it would appear that maybe only the first few inches at the lever end are freezing. The primary cause I believe everyone pretty much has figured out is water running down the lever makes its way to the cable and seeps in past the boot. I don't know if it will help but what I did with mine to see if it works is put a wire tie around the lever before the cable attachment point to see if I can get any water to drip from the wire tie and not make it to the cable attach point.

I have 07' 2310 and keep it outside and am on cable #4 I believe. I use a pair of mini vise-grip needle nose to pinch the cable at the motor, at the rpm i desire to get the job done.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #36  
hmmm....I was plowing in -2F weather and I had to throttle down under the hood (cable was stuck at higher rpms...) I will try and address myself...then ask dealer for a new cable.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #37  
Purchased GC2410tlb new in November. It was stored outside (like at the dealership) for a couple weeks and since has stayed inside unheated garage. Only use has been in moving a couple buckets of wood every week or so, otherwise it grazes in the garage. Snowblowing I do with my JD 316 for now. So the first cold spell in December I think it was, I go to start the beast and the throttle won't move. Easily traced the issue to the vinyl sheathed cable that connects to the throttle lever from just behind the dash (see pic 1) sweeping down under the engine, then up on the other side where it mounts near the injector (pic 2). Initial call to the dealership was told to just warm it up (takes 40-60 min to thaw). Today on my second call they said they'd order a replacement cable and call me back when it comes in. Expect that'll take care of immediate problem.

My question is, "Has anybody else experienced this problem?" I'm just concerned that it might reoccur. Thoughts??? Lemme have em!! :)

Brand new 1705 in received in October still under warranty. The cable began freezing up while working outside in 0 to -10 weather in this last cold spell, tractor was suck at about 2000 RPM. Confirmed with the dealer its covered under warranty when I am ready to have to it done. Dealer says they usually inject antifreeze into the cable when the machines new and that helps but this cold snap was a doozey. Most likely some frost got into the cable.

If you follow the cable from the engine it loops down by the front axle and then routes under the frame over to the other side and back up to the handle. Moisture tends to settle in the underside of the cable under the tractor. For the meantime I thawed mine out running a hair dryer over the cable and that got it unstuck. If you have access to a syringe of some sort, you can take the rubber plug off the end of the cable and inject antifreeze or some oil in after thawing it out.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #38  
I have found answers to several questions over the last few years on here. Thank you all for what you do.
I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help me. My throttle cable has froze solid. It may have also broke internally. I keep the tractor in my unheated garage during the winter. While clearing snow with the loader the throttle dropped to idle and then cable and lever wouldn’t move. I can manually move the butterfly lever and the cable moves but not smoothly. The throttle lever is still solid. My local dealer is 50 miles away and not open late enough for me to get there after work.

Is there an aftermarket part that fixes this issue?
Or an revised OEM part?
Does anyone have these part numbers that they’re willing to share?
I appreciate any help you guys can offer.

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #39  
Bummer. I have a parts book, but it's for my 2310 and I don't think it's the same set-up as yours. You might, to determine for sure if the cable's broken or not, try a hair dryer (or, if you have one, a heat gun) to thaw out the cable first -- then go from there.

Probably most any control cable would work, providing the length is close and the ends could be attached (z-bend, clevis, etc.).

Good luck!

/ GC2410tlb throttle cable frozen #40  
if 26xx same as my gc2400 they are pain to replace due to how they run thru grommets then under frame of tractor then back up.
done mine twice since I got tractor in Oct 2020.
my dealer keeps cable for GC series (think they are all same cable) right out front where they can grab w/o stepping away from counter.

yeah agco parts lists 24xx/26xx under same parts book

Capture.PNG

so cable 6254177M92 which is approx 38$ before tax should fit.