Good Luck with Husqvarna

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #11  
I am glad to see others who have finally posted about the Junk Husky Lawn Tractors. I posted the same issues a few momths back and got Blasted by Husky fans. I have a 2yr old YTM2554 or something like that. Whatta Piece of CRAP. Good motor but this dog is helpless in reverse. It may as well not HAVE reverse. The Husky guys say I am nuts and need a new mechanic. I sell welding equipment to the factory that builds these units and I have talked to to the designers about the reverse issue. They say it is a " Safety" issue, I say it is dangerous to not be able to back up.. Plus, the steering tower is wimpy and I have already welded up the bolt holes that cracked under normal flat land mowing. Mine has 65 hours and I would sell it for $1000 if anyone wants it...

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #12  
I bought a Sears Zero Turn mower last year and only used it once to cut about 5 acres of lawn. It worked perfectly then and hope it continues to work. The extended warranty was extremely expensive so I didnt buy it. Does anyone know if it too is built by Husky? Maybe I should look back at the extended warranty if it is Husky built.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #13  
hmmm, weird. i have a husky riding mower thats 4 years old and a husky string trimmer thats 5 years old. both start and run flawlessly. very odd. i guess all brands have items made on a monday or late in the day friday.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #14  
I bought a new supposed high end Husqvarna lawn tractor model YTH24V48LS in July 2010. The first time out it would not reverse up a slight grade, I had to pull it up with my pick-up truck. An hour later the hour meter fogged over due to moisture inside the sealed guage. Then the grass deflector snapped off. Next the engine would just quite after running for about a half hour. Followed by a bad bearing in one of the idler pulleys on the heavy orange mow deck. That's not all, the plate where the deck lift lever locks into is rusting out. Oh, did I mention how the tractor gouges my lawn as well. :thumbdown:
So far, the reverse problem was due to an incorrect length on the rod and was corrected by bending the rod, (there is no adjustment). The grass deflector was replaced by the dealer however I will not install it because it is so ridgid that it does not flex and should it hit anything it would just snap off again. The dealer did get the new pulley and replaced it. The hour meter has been on back order since July, the engine still quits after a half hour or so despite the dealer trying to correct it, the plate where the deck lift lever locks in is still rusting and the engine still quits, yes it still gouges despite all the adjustment made so unless your yard is level and flat expect a bad cut. :(
I contacted Husqvarna in North Carolina. I have never encountered such rude, incompetent and obstinate customer service in my life and never hope to ever do so again.:mad:
If you don't believe how bad they are call yourself, 800-487-5951. Then look at a John Deere.

Islanddreamer,

It sounds like your issues should be with your dealer rather than the tractor. If your mower was PDI'd properly the reverse peddle would have been shimmed up for full travel which needs to be done on almost all Husqvarna tractors before they are sent out.

Your mower deck should have been leveled at PDI and you should have been instructed about proper setting of the deck wheels. If you are running the wheels down on the ground please stop. The wheels should be set just above ground level when the deck is in your desired cutting position. if you are running the deck on the wheels you will wear out the wheels, hammer the deck and tractor, and suffer poor cut. If you are setting the deck properly than your deck simply needs to be properly leveled.

Your stalling issue is caused by your gas cap. Your dealer should have instructed you that if you crank down the gas cap (it is easy to do because it is rather large and you can get a good grip on it) you will squash the tank vent. This causes the engine to die after about half an hour of running due to the fact that no air has replaced the fuel that has been consumed and a vacuum is formed in the tank. If you want to test this just loosen the cap every few minutes while cutting the next time. It will not stall because you will allow the tank to vent every few min. Once you have verified this you will likely need to replace the gas cap. They never seem to vent properly after being cranked once. Just make sure that you only tighten the new cap enough to keep it from vibrating off.

It sounds like you mower was stored outside at the dealership if it is starting to rust and you have moisture in your gages. This would be OK I guess if you keep your equipment outside but most keep them under cover and don't like to see new equipment with rust and moisture in the electrical.

The LS tractors are very reliable and provide a great quality of cut on all lawns if they are set up properly. I think that you would be a very Happy customer if you did not have to face these annoying issues. The fact is you would not have experienced these issues if you and your tractor were treated properly at the time of sale. As for dealing with Husqvarna...I feel your pain.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #15  
I'm starting to consider my husqvarna a poc also. less than a year old, won't start, again. OK, I found the broken sparkplug, and got it started after the first incident, now it won't start unless I randomly jiggle some of the wiring, then it will start. something in the lockout keeps it from starting.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #16  
I'm not a "fan" of Husqvarna and they don't need me to stick up for them but regardless of the product, when I see equipment abused and it breaks, then somebody complains about it being a POC, that tells me more about the person.

Broken spark plugs-mmmmm, I wonder how that happened? Have to jiggle the wires to get it started? Sounds like somebody slammed the cover down on the wires or sounds like abuse to me.

Welds breaking on the deck? Deck metal peeling back, sounds like the person going over stumps and or ledge, aint no friggin way grass is gonna do that-abuse. A good operator alwasy know his/her equipment limitiations. I happen to know several neighbors have have the same model as me, me being the only one to buy it at a box store. Some have wet property, some have steep slopes that I would never attempt to mow-no issues.

Breaking off the grass deflector, how the heck did you do that? I've hit some pretty hard stuff with mine. Moisture in the gauge panel and rust, sounds like somebody using a pressure washer on it. Deck gouging lawn-how is that the decks fault unless it was never properly aligned-which is operator responsibility. Read your manual.

If this upsets you then the shoe fits-good luck with the next brand.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #17  
Nearly bought one 4 months ago but chose a robust reliable no frills Australian made ride on called a Greenfield. They have a pully belt drive system that punches you up those slopes and through the really thick stuff.

Good proven and strong engineering.

Sure enough I noticed at the mower shop last week that Husqvarna have a recall on their mowers because of hydrostatic transmission failure leading to loss of braking.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #18  
when I see equipment abused and it breaks, then somebody complains about it being a POC, that tells me more about the person.

Broken spark plugs-mmmmm, I wonder how that happened? Have to jiggle the wires to get it started? Sounds like somebody slammed the cover down on the wires or sounds like abuse to me.

If this upsets you then the shoe fits-good luck with the next brand.

Really?????? Exactly what abuse did you see?

Since you seem to be the wizard behind the curtain, tell me, how did my spark plug break? And while you're at it, figure out the wiring problem also. I can assure you, no cover was slammed down, so you can rule that one out.

For a new mower, it's been very disappointing.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #19  
Over the years I have bought products That failed me for one reason or another.
It took me years to figure it out but I now believe the first loss is your best loss. In other words, the sooner you bail on a bad product,
the better it will be from a financial and frustration standpoint.

Years back I held out hope on a hard-starting weedwacker and just exhausted myself before I sold it to a more persistant personality.
We all try to do our homework and buy the best product we can but sometimes it doesn't work out. In that case,
I believe it's best to get out from under ASAP while there is plenty of remaining warranty and the product still looks fresh and new.
Sell or trade and chalk it up to a lesson in life.
Just my two cents.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #20  
I was waiting for the great OZ to respond. :laughing:

I've narrowed the wiring problem to the negative ground wire. apparently one of the crimps is bad. Also the seat switch acts up. Other than that, I like the mower. I should load it up and let the dealer fix these things, should still be on warranty, but that means a lot of effort and time on my part and I just don't have the time to take off work to do it.