Good Luck with Husqvarna

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #31  
I bought one in 2005/2006 with a Kawasaki motor.
Finally had to replace a mower deck drive belt and the dealer has no more orange Huskies. Says the new ones are junk (He quit Toro in 2005 because the deck metal was too thin), but he's selling the Dixon line of commercial stuff (still Husqvarna). Might be fed up with Home Depot / Lowes deals, too.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #32  
I have a 5 year old Husqvarna mower, model number LOGTH2448t. I have replaced the front axle due to wearing out the holes the front wheel spindles ride in (no bushings). I have replaced the steering rods on both sides due to the ball dropping out of the socket on them. NOW, the frame broke completely in half on both sides. The factory will not do anything for me. Their answer is "We only warranty the unit for one year". I am done with Husqvarna and all the other brands they make. I have had riding mowers since 1978 and never had a frame break in two before.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #33  
I was waiting for the great OZ to respond. :laughing:

I've narrowed the wiring problem to the negative ground wire. apparently one of the crimps is bad. Also the seat switch acts up. Other than that, I like the mower. I should load it up and let the dealer fix these things, should still be on warranty, but that means a lot of effort and time on my part and I just don't have the time to take off work to do it.

Who is this "the great Oz" Were you referring to me? If so, I'm not picking on you, there are legit complaints but some of the posted complaints are just ridiculous. Sometimes people like to blame everyone else for problems they caused. I have the same tractor and while its no Kubota or Massey Fergason it's def. no Crafstmen or MTD.

Most tractors today are only designed to last at least 5 years now-thats just how theyre engineered. You want something that last longer? Pick up and older Boleans or White garden tractor because thats the only way.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #34  
My husky is now 2 yrs old. The latest thing to go bad is the brake interlock switch. I had to put a jumper in to bypass the switch so I could mow today. Mower now has 31 hrs on it. It also still doesn't start well. It's already on it's 2nd battery also, but it takes so many cranks to start, I usually have to jump start it when it's cold.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #35  
Why do people fuss about hard starting? Like the motors are made by each brand of mower. Leave stale gas in any mower and you'll have issues. Clean the the carb!

I've had safety switch issues on every mower I've ever had.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #36  

I've got a Z5426 that 4 years old and it works great. The paint on the deck was crap but $200 for a sand blast and powder coat and it's dong fine. I bought it used and the first owner did't take very good care of it. I installed a fuel valve in the line so I could run it out of gas during the off-season and treat the tank for this period.

Safety switches are not just a problem for mowers, there are lots of posts throughout this forum on a lot of different equipment.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #37  
I just bought a new YTH24V54XLS, so far no problems. Not concerned to much about Husqvarna's poor attitude. My dealer takes care of business, been shopping there for 8 years.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #38  
I was thinking of a husky to replace 1 of my 3 riders. The old IH cub 44" kohler is needing re-ringed etc again.

Sounds like I may want to look else besides the huskys if they are breaking down this easily.

Heck my yardman mtd 50" 24hp kohler has been going 6 years no problems. Mowing 4hrs a week.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #39  
Why do people fuss about hard starting? Like the motors are made by each brand of mower. Leave stale gas in any mower and you'll have issues. Clean the the carb!

:thumbsup: