Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,091  
Good morning all. Sad news in Baltimore, which has me watching TV too much for the last few days. I've been trying to buy a couple of "totes" for remote watering and have been messaging this one person for two days, trying to firm up a meeting time/place. FB marketplace. She sure is terrible on "communicating". She can't seem to be able to monitor her messaging. Supposed to meet at 9am (one hour form now) but she still has not been able to give me an address. I'm gonna look elsewhere.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,092  
Morning all, 45 going to 49 and rain.
Early meetings today so been busy.

Buppies - Hang in there, try to set reminders for pills, though I also miss them sometimes.

Router sled is working, need to play around with surfaces to rest the wood on to make it more precise.
No room for a big flat table, so using my welding table. Need to cut down and stabilize my saw horses, or buy some new ones.

Have fun on trip Mostly.

RNG - Sounds like your settling in.

Be well,
20240327_174735.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #188,093  
Good morning.
46° and damp outside today. Temperature is supposed to stay the same all day with intermittent drizzle until late afternoon. So far total accumulation has been about 1/2”.

Yesterday UPS didn’t get here until 4pm instead of the usual 10am, but at least they did bring the grills I was waiting for.
I stopped down to my buddy’s fabrication shop to see how his exodus was going. The online auction ended, and yielded almost exactly what the auctioneer estimated. He was pleased with the outcome, and now is just waiting for the various riggers arrive to move it all out.

I’ve pretty much decided that I now have to get a CNC table for my plasma cutter now that he is out of business. I looking real hard at the Langmuir Crossfire series.

Customer came to pick up one of the speakers, he brought his electric unicycle which was way cool, he rode it around for a while to show me just how cool it is. He said it can go 50mph, which seems like it would be pretty scary, as you are completely exposed.

IMG_4051.jpg

He sure made it look easy to ride though.

After he left, I got the grill on the last speaker and tidied up a bit. It’s hard to imagine that with all the cleaning up that I do, there is always a mess, I never get it to operating room clean and organized state. I have a serious problem maintaining clear horizontal surfaces.

I guess that’s a good segue into today’s plan. I might as well start putting things away and cleaning up. Other than today being trash day, I have no finite plans. Wife wants me to show her how to use the device that I made to lift the trash toters onto the brackets on the carryall so she can take them to the street while I’m away next week. I don’t normally use it any more, but it was handy while I was recovering from my motorcycle accident.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,094  
I scored some fine tractor pics this morning.
met neighboring farm owner in grocery store this morning, he invited me over for a tour of his farm,
which he mostly rents out to a real farmer with a CSA there. Mostly old JD tractors, nothing fancy about this place.
No new Kubotas here...
so we went all around his 65 acre place including the tree line where the drainage ditch ends, the creator
of Lake Drew. We both agreed that cleaning out my ditch would not help until other four property owners cleaned out their rear
ditch also. Likelihood of that happening is poor.

the Cub has a nifty modern cultivator on it. The 544 Hydro is apparently not a runner and they would love someone to take it.
Hmmmmm
no room for what I have now. Sigh.
That 544 Hydro Utility isn't a real common tractor, they were a handy sized tractor. Many of them ended up parked as the hydraulic fluid and filters changes weren't done as needed and the older filters were not as good as some of the newer ones available.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,095  
Good Evening,

Drew, that would be a fun project ! Although I’m not sure about the hydro ! Think I would rather have a geared trans ! Maybe Lou could cast some light on that !

Hope you have a good evening ! 🙏

that's a much larger tractor, compare the two pics
odd
Tractor Data says hydro one of four available transmissions

The 544 was like a lot of the older IH's avilible as an IH or labeled as a Farmall, then you had the row crop variant which was much taller tractor with taller tires and the "bar" axles to aid in tire spacing then those could be had in narrow or wide front ends. Then you had the "utility" versions which could be found with either bar or flanged axles. Most of the utilities would have the set back wide front which could be fixed or adjustable in width.
The transmission were the standard 5 speed of the time with an optional TA (shift on the go reduction unit) or a shuttle and then the hydro transmission which used a hand lever for your "speed" setting and foot pedal similar to a clutch which was a dump valve in the hydraulic feed for the transmission.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,096  
64°F and .32 inches rain.

Looks like a rainy day ahead. Should get finished up in the office this morning I should wait another 16 years for another clean out.

Our delayed Happy Hour this afternoon to say Aloha to neighbors Ted and Marilyn who sold their house and are embarking on an adventure of moving/living in various parts of the world for a few years. They start in Thailand next month.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #188,097  
Good morning Ron long night sugar too high medicine misplaced oh my

Prayers for all our Country
Hope that medication can be straightend out and you get some restful sleep soon. Thank you for your prayers for our country.

/ Good morning!!!! #188,098  
Good Morning!
Woke up to a 1/2" of rain in the guage. Thought that was light by all the downpour we got. But it didn't last long. Temp was at 45f this morning and now high 60's. Very nice bright, sunny, clear day. I fixed scrambled eggs and bacon this morning with jalapenos, onions, tomatos and shallots. Cooked the jalapenos in a cast iron skillet first so they would be tasty but not too hot.

Need to spray my fence rows today. I broke down and bought a new metal sprayer wand for the hand pump sprayer. Wind has died down so that is what I'll finish this afternoon.

Have a great day, everyone eat well today and help others. Prayers for our Nation!

/ Good morning!!!! #188,099  
Good (Good Friday) morning. Overnight Low of 11.2C and it's presently dipped down to 9.8C (then heading to 22C), clear & calm.

I got the mowing around the house/driveway done, then decided to top up the windscreen washer (water + anti-bug solution). That was followed by remembering to clean the inside of the windscreen... I always forget to do that the next day after driving at night and seeing that it needs to be done.

The Maundy Thursday service went well and, it turns out that one of our elderly parishioners is a retired plumber who may have a fitting to repair the Church Hall water leak. We'll talk & assess the situation after this morning's Good Friday service. He'll 'instruct' me on how to replace the fitting when it comes time to do it.

So, I'm off to Church in about a half hour.

That's about it, take care all.

Quick plumbing update: It's going to take an actual plumber as 'heat' will be required. I've got a number to call = difficulty is that it's the Easter long weekend.

Last edited: