Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #2,741  
2012-04-22, 0836

45 and dreary...heavy rain (up to 3/4") and a high of 48

Had an odd thing happen in our area Friday. Guy goes to a gas station on the local Giant shopping center, gets fuel in a small container (like one would use for a lawn mower), moves his van to a fairly empty part of the parking lot. Then he douses himself with the fuel and lights himself.
He was totally engulfed in flames when he got out of his van. Passersby tried to extinguish the flames, but he was severely burned over 90% of his body.
Suicide isn't that unusual, but the method sure was...

/ Good morning!!!! #2,742  
2012-04-22, 0836

Had an odd thing happen in our area Friday. Guy goes to a gas station on the local Giant shopping center, gets fuel in a small container (like one would use for a lawn mower), moves his van to a fairly empty part of the parking lot. Then he douses himself with the fuel and lights himself.
He was totally engulfed in flames when he got out of his van. Passersby tried to extinguish the flames, but he was severely burned over 90% of his body.
Wow... Most people who commit suicide do it in a quick and painless way, or so they say on CSI...

/ Good morning!!!! #2,743  
dreich day

Good thing I have large dose Scottish to go with my Cherokee and Jew, I wouldn't have had a clue that was what it sounded like!:D

50's and rain now, 50's and rain later, expecting 2"-4" before finished, we're 6" behind so we need it badly.:thumbsup:

/ Good morning!!!! #2,745  
Good Mornning!
36 @ 7:00am hopefully 52 @ 4:00pm. Just returned home and going to grease/clean all fittings/joints and attack another Blue Spruce stump.
Gary:)

Attachments

• IMG_0010.jpg
    IMG_0010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
   / Good morning!!!! #2,746  
2012-04-22, 0836

What a horrible way to kill yourself, have never understood why people choose such a painful method. What's wrong with the old standbys of running a hose from the exhaust pipe to the interior and guzzling a bottle of cheap whiskey at the same time, or using several bottles along with pills? If I saw so somebody set himself on fire it would haunt me for months.

/ Good morning!!!! #2,747  
2012-04-22, 0836

I always wonder if the person 15 stories into a 50 story jump, or as soon as the rope tightens around your neck, or in this case a second or two after lighting the match-- wishes they'd made another choice... :(

/ Good morning!!!! #2,748  
I always wonder if the person 15 stories into a 50 story jump, or as soon as the rope tightens around your neck, or in this case a second or two after lighting the match-- wishes they'd made another choice... :(

Yeah...
I have no thought of suicide...but if I were to do so, I'd use a shotgun. Messy, but quick...no time for second thoughts.

/ Good morning!!!! #2,749  
What a horrible way to kill yourself, have never understood why people choose such a painful method. What's wrong with the old standbys of running a hose from the exhaust pipe to the interior and guzzling a bottle of cheap whiskey at the same time, or using several bottles along with pills? If I saw so somebody set himself on fire it would haunt me for months.
Me too. Something like that is a memory that would live with you forever.

/ Good morning!!!! #2,750  
I know what you mean, and I've always wondered that.

What a horrible feeling it must be if you did suddenly think - "No, I want to live!" when you were already on a one way road to death (E.G falling from a building).