Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,691  
oh my what a night
Drew hope greenhouse does ok.

no, it did not.
wind was howling last night, sounded like a freight train coming through the trees.
I kept an eye out on the greenhouse thermometer and saw it start to drop quickly.
not good.
went outside to find one end of greenhouse blown out and flapping in the wind, surprised it didn't tear off.
lovely
used up a lot more tape to get it back together, and thought I had it licked.
no
lit burner and ten minutes later the wind blew it out.
repeat two more times over an hour.
At midnight I gave up, and brought all the plants back inside.
this exercise proves to me why I need a better greenhouse next year, this is too high effort.
lost sleep. coffee working slowly.

need to run downtown early to get some pastries, friend is coming over around ten for coffee.
then not much planned other than trying to get this heater to be reliable.
it doesn't have a tip over switch on the bottom, needs more eyeballing.

tomorrow afternoon three guys come to help me take the cover off the rv.
I took another dead mouse out yesterday, will see what the catch of the day is

last day of February

/ Good morning!!!! #186,692  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up too badly).

27.5F going to low 50s today, mixed sun&clouds.

yeaterday morning, because our overnight temps were in the mid 50s, I let the fire die out and cleaned the chimney before work, so now I am even further behind on GM reading!

work is really picking up, the two job queues on the servers both are staying in the 1000+ count, and it is only going to get busier the next four weeks — March Madness is upon us…

Today is some administrative stuff in town, after coffee I put the last bit together on our taxes to drop off to the accountant. Yay…

I am looking forward to chiro appointment tomorrow — I am not cut out for sitting in an office chair anymore — put me in the tractor seat or excavator set instead!🤣😂

I hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #186,693  
Good morning, we are in the cold snap again. -5 and going to a high of 18°F. Wind W 5 mph. Sunny!

Of the 8 stops today 2 are in South River one at the bank and the other at the PO.
Then rock 'n' roll to North Bay. 6 stops there. The jewelers and the PO are the only additions to the trip. It is not like it used to be when the D-I-L was alive. It was like punching a clock, always a what took you so long? The only ones that get upset with us now are the cats. The dog is always overjoyed to see us.

I don't know about you guys but I play a lottery and so far it hasn't been good to me. It is worth 2 million for the jackpot and the encore is another 1 million. Ticket costs me $1.oo/line + $1.oo for the encore number. The draw is twice a week.
Other than driving up the highway once a month in winter, the lottery is the only gambling I do.

I am back up at my normal time again.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #186,695  
don't know if any of you were affected by AT&T's outage yesterday
not external, an internal screw up
looks like the "upgrade" sure didn't roll out well.
I ran a database company for a while and Monday mornings were always tense when you
found out if the weekend's update worked

"execution of an incorrect process used as we were expanding our network,”

that sounds about right...
some IT tech is not going to get free donuts this morning
The hologocile did not sagatiate confirmly…

/ Good morning!!!! #186,696  
Good Morning! 'spozed to get up to 70 today. Wow, the winter that hardly was, is almost over. I've had flies and moths flying around already! I spent an hour or so, and two sawzall blades and 4 1/2" grinder wheels, the other day, on some implements that have been sitting here for years. I was left with iron that survived the WW2 scrap drives, and the trees have grown around/over/inside this stuff. The junk is not hurting anything, but it bugs me. I bought a HF 7" angle grinder and cutoff wheels and will go after some again. I thought about using my oxy/acetelene torch, but I don't want to catch my woods on fire. Grinder sparks are less of a risk. I'm going to save stuff, if I can, but it's mostly just junk, needing to go to the scrap yard. There is a 24" steel tractor wheel (the old kind that only had riveted lugs), that a tree has grown up inside, which I will leave alone.
View attachment 854374
Try listing it on Craigslist or EBay — you can make more than 2cents/lb AND APthey will pick it up from you 🤣👍

/ Good morning!!!! #186,697  
Good morning all!

Starting Thursday, the forecast is for 81 inches of snow over Donner Summit. More than 6 feet of snow with most of it on Thu, Fri, and Sat.

That much snow will fully erase our "mild winter" into a normal winter.

Unfortunately I'm going to get stuck on the CA side. Probably sneak back over Donner Summit on Sunday when only 4" of snow is forecast.

Everyone have a great day!!
Bring enough snacks for everybody. . . Just sayin’. . .

/ Good morning!!!! #186,698  
I retired at 62.

Learned to back trailers with a tractor, no problem doing it with a truck, but short ones are harder to back because of short wheelbase,

Cool downstairs this morning, wife said because I turned off the stove. I had to remind her she turned it off yesterday. Anyways it just lit, room temp already up to 69.
The amount of overhang on the towing vehicle also makes a difference! The further the hitch ball is from the center of the rear axle, the more your steering movements are amplified to the trailer…

/ Good morning!!!! #186,699  
<snip>Was wondering how others in retirement are doing. This is my 20th year of retirement.
Good, this is both my 14th year and my wife's 14th year of retirement. Long winded answer follows.

If we had had our druthers we'd still be working for another couple of years. But her 2 strokes (which she fully recovered from after about 5 years) kicked us out of the workforce.

Retirement has been good up until the last few years. Then my wife came down with wet AMD, her mother passed, our son and daughter squeezed out 2 more children and her main reasons for us retiring to Mississippi went away.
Reading of others trials and tribulations here is helpful to put all in perspective.

But today we finally made it to our 10th official February 29th anniversary day.

My Dad used to tell me (frequently when I was very young) that life was like your hand in a bucket of water or a small pond. You could swirl it one way, swirl it another, splash it about. But after you took your hand out it would go back to calm, level water.

Sometimes I'm pretty sure we are doing things wrong, but we are doing it her way and she seems happy about it.
And there has been a lot of joyful splashing in this bucket over the last 40 years.

So to all of you other TBN travellers on this blue marble hang in there, March is coming.

/ Good morning!!!! #186,700  
Good Morning!!!! 50F @ 4:00AM. Mostly cloudy skies with some morning fog. High 59F. Winds SSW at 10 to 15 mph.

5 cylinder Kawasaki, Paul? Gotta be a story there?

For the past few days there's been a crow with an injured wing hopping around in the back yard. Its buddies have been hanging out in the trees and yard, too. The first day I chased it down with a shovel, but couldn't bring myself to dispatch it. Yesterday I was back there again and decided to put out some water and dog food in bowls I keep for my buddy's dog. Not sure what else to do, except check to see if there's a wildlife rescue outfit in the area.

Wasted most of yesterday chasing insurance quotes. Most of the big outfits are no longer selling homeowners insurance in California, and the ones that do are very proud of their auto insurance. I knew that taxes and insurance would be my largest expenses going into retirement, but increases like this were impossible to predict. My current carrier is willing to provide coverage for the old house and all my vehicles, but won't insure the new house. And I'm told the new insurer will not renew the new house policy when it expires in August. What a fine mess.

With what little time remained of yesterday I fired up the table and chop saws and cut some shelves for cabinets in the kitchen and bonus room. Took what is probably too much of a shortcut with the kitchen shelves by just drilling holes in the drywall and inserting four pin type supports, so I'll probably redo it with wall anchors and headless wood screws. I won't be putting much weight on those shelves, but you can never tell what the next owner will do. And I'm still finding shelves and other wall ornaments here not mounted to studs or proper wall anchors.

Spa guy is supposed to drop by this morning with a new pump and motor. Looking forward to hot bubbly water in a few days, and am curious how well the solar power will keep up with it.

Hang in there, gang, Friday's comin'!