Hay Ride Wagon Build

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #41  
Sounds like fun. I'd imagine someone would expect you to put in seating, with safety belts and airbags, ROPS and who knows what else on that wagon.

We always just rode on grandpa's hay wagon. Not that much different than our utility trailer. If I ever decide to give family hay rides, I'd just put small square bales around the perimeter of my trailer and let them sit on the bales.

Hay bale seating... I found putting the bales on the center line of the wagon is much better for weight distribution and safety. Less chance of someone falling backwards and people brace their feet against the outside edge.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #42  
My friend moved things around and took tarps off so here are two somewhat helpful shots of a nice hay/parade wagon. Everyone admires his wagon.

image000000.JPGimage000000-2.JPG

The first pic is the side view that shows side boards with bracing and a substantial padded "head rest" portion. Plus, it's something to grab onto.

The second pic is looking down into the wagon and shows padded seating, again offering stability and comfort. Walking or standing on plywood covered in straw can be like a deer on ice.

While men and kids don't care, women like clean, comfortable seating and don't want to get dirty. They spent a lot of time getting ready and like to keep it that way. Even in ripped pants and a hoodie, rest assured they want it kept clean. Plus, I always liked seating and stability to reduce odds of someone slipping or getting hurt. It happens. Hope this helps.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #43  
I wouldn't think of using, for a people wagon, one welded together from some unknown old car parts, probably from the 1930's.

Bruce

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #44  
I have seen bale thrower hay racks used. These have steel sides and front to keep the “unwatched” children contained.

Is this for around the farm or parade duty? I suspect around the farm would be less concern about somebody getting their clothes dirty and probably less concern about injury liability.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
I have seen bale thrower hay racks used. These have steel sides and front to keep the “unwatched” children contained.

Is this for around the farm or parade duty? I suspect around the farm would be less concern about somebody getting their clothes dirty and probably less concern about injury liability.
Around the place and country roads. If I can build it right then it may be moved to other places for family and friends to ride. Certainly not a parade or public ride.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
My friend moved things around and took tarps off so here are two somewhat helpful shots of a nice hay/parade wagon. Everyone admires his wagon.

View attachment 840721View attachment 840722

The first pic is the side view that shows side boards with bracing and a substantial padded "head rest" portion. Plus, it's something to grab onto.

The second pic is looking down into the wagon and shows padded seating, again offering stability and comfort. Walking or standing on plywood covered in straw can be like a deer on ice.

While men and kids don't care, women like clean, comfortable seating and don't want to get dirty. They spent a lot of time getting ready and like to keep it that way. Even in ripped pants and a hoodie, rest assured they want it kept clean. Plus, I always liked seating and stability to reduce odds of someone slipping or getting hurt. It happens. Hope this helps.
That is a very nice design. I probably will not do much for seating as getting hay on you is have the fun. We road in the manure spreader as kids. So they can deal with some hay. :ROFLMAO:

But first thing first. Have to get the right running gear and go from there. Thank you so much for getting the pictures!