How close are you to a “Local” dealer?

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #51  
Every OEM will have individual machines that just have a problem. Some will have models that consistently have problems.

Is the 4720 a bad model or was yours just a poor example?

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #52  
I'm 45 minutes away from my dealer not a big deal at all.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #53  
   / How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #54  
2 Kubota dealers within 20 miles. 1 is just 10 miles away. One reason why I was confident in my selection.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #55  
I am in the process of buying a tractor. My two choices were between a Yanmar YT359C and a Bobcat CT5558. I really like the Yanmar over the Bobcat. But had to strongly consider the dealer support. The nearest Yanmar dealer would end up being three hours away compared to the Bobcat dealer being two minutes away. If I wasn’t planning on moving, I’d go with the Yanmar.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #56  
Buy what you like best, my Bobcat has only been back to the dealership once in 14 years

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #57  
Buy what you like best, my Bobcat has only been back to the dealership once in 14 years
Tractors rarely need any service. And when they do, it is usually simple stuff. I agree that you should buy what you like.

There are mobile mechanics for things you just don't want to do yourself. Like flat tires.... ugh.

If you are buying some brand that needs a nearby dealer, I'd say you need to be looking at a more reliable brand to start with.

rScotty

Last edited:
   / How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #58  
Tractors rarely need any service. And when they do, it is usually simple stuff. I agree that you should buy what you like.

There are mobile mechanics for things you just don't want to do yourself. Like flat tires.... ugh.

If you are buying some brand that needs a nearby dealer, I'd say you need to be looking at a more reliable brand to start with.

rScotty
I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. I’m gonna make up my mind within the next couple of months. Since posting my comment,…I’ve been have been leaning more towards the Yanmar, regardless of the dealership situation. How often do tractors really breakdown is the question that I’ve asked myself. With a decent tractor,…it’s not hardly.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #59  
I bought 110 miles away.
There's now a dealer 7 miles away, but honestly I don't know how long they'll be in business, they have a *huge* inventory for this area.
I haven't needed any parts in years so I don't know if they'll be useful or not, and I do my own maintenance.
My tractor hasn't needed a thing done by a dealer or any mechanic in the 7 years/650h I've had it.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #60  
I see recommendations to always buy from a “Local” dealer. How close are you to your local dealer? I am rural. The closet dealers to me is a Green dealer and an Orange dealer, they are 98 miles away. My tractor is a CNH and the closest dealer is 161 miles away.

How local is “local”?
3 Kubota within 20 miles