How many still have a Landline in their home?

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #201  
Here if the land line needs repaired or malfunctions for any reason, they give you a phone that looks like a cordless handset telephone but is connected to an outdoor antenna and is really a cell phone. They maintain the same number. Several neighbors up the road have this now when the wire over the creek was damaged.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #202  
HAR, I suspect you are correct on most fronts there. But I have found STARLINK satellite internet service to be excellent for two years now. A bit pricey upfront (~$600) and you must have a clear view of a broad range of sky though. A heavy rain will take it out for a few minutes. No snow here to contend with. 😃
I'm glad for you to have had that experience with Star Link.
Mine has not been that good. Lots of short outages, so so speeds and interrupts while loading a page.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #203  
No need for a landline with cell phone service where we are. No one would ever call it anyways (because of the cell phones) except for telemarketers. Who, by the way, don't call our cell phones hardly at all anymore...

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #204  
Problem arises if theres a medical emergency…. How to call 911. As long as my microwave internet providers generator is still working, i can do wifi calling if my Verizon cellular goes down.My copper tel line was damaged years ago, and tel company wont repair it.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #206  
Once i stopped financing generator installs, i no longer needed a fax machine. I relegated that to the landfill many years ago.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #207  
Once i stopped financing generator installs, i no longer needed a fax machine. I relegated that to the landfill many years ago.

Fax machines! I haven’t used a fax since I retired over 8 years ago. Brings back memories.

Didn’t think they were around anymore with email, text and scanning.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #208  
Some legal docs cant be scanned, must be faxed or hard copies. IDR which ones, but as Executor of my Pop's estate, there were some like that.

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #209  
Some legal docs cant be scanned, must be faxed or hard copies. IDR which ones, but as Executor of my Pop's estate, there were some like that.
Medical documents too sometimes. Can’t be hacked or viewed along the way as I was told. Fax machines do or did require an analog line POTS line which can be problematic in our increasingly digital world. (old PBX systems for example)

/ How many still have a Landline in their home? #210  
I purchased and sold a house without ever really seeing an actual document. Everything was signed online. I was mailed a hard copy afterwards.