How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #491  
Believe me I'm not a Scientologist!

You're making statements that don't reflect a alternative opinion that can be questioned with logic, if you think my views are inaccurate or wrong than please offer a logical rebuttal and not simply an overall opinion.

As far as making people hot under the collar, it is not my intention, I call it like I see it, if someone is getting hot then they have to ask them self why. I'm not insulting anyone but I am challenging traditional views. You or anyone else has the right to offer your counter views like Jesse, Rick and Mac just did and I think very well. We are all learning, and one's ability to change when confronted with reason defines his ability to survive through adaptation in a changing world.

"If a person needs a medication to live, and cannot get said medication, that person will die" is what I think is at the crux of your comments. Additionally, I think you also believe people can do more to remedy their own diseases. These are the things I have convinced myself that you must be saying.

I am not hot under the collar. Also, I do believe you when you say you are not a Scientologist.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #492  
I held the highest clearance this country offers. I saw things very few of you have ever seen and I was sitting in by a teletype when the Pueblo got captured.
If you want to read a book read "The American People's History of the United States" by Howard Zinn. He said things in there that we knew 50 and 60 years ago but have just now been released to the public sector.

The constitution of this country was drafted by some truly brilliant men. Franklin said, "It's a Republic, if you can keep it", when we gave corporations the rights of individuals we took away individual rights... we couldn't keep it. Capitalism in the form of greed (read lobby money) has changed the face of this country.

When they decided to tax companies they should have known that those companies would be able to speak eventually. Taxation without Representation was a stated reason for the American Revolution.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #493  
Well... Ahem...

I've got to say that's a pretty cynical view of the medical profession, and while I agree that often any business can be motivated by greed and profits - the broad brush you paint the medical profession with is just not in touch with history or reality.

Diabetes was a death sentence before 1920 ... until insulin could be produced.

My mother in law was saved by the advent of Penicillin - wouldn't have married the wife I have or had the great children I have if she hadn't got it - and it had just become readily available in the nick of time.

I have a coworker who was diagnosed with Rheumatoid arthritis who was pretty much wheel chair bound until a successful diagnosis was made and a drug regimen was prescribed - you wouldn't know she had a problem now.

Many health professional have put themselves in harms way as well, whether working with polio victims in the past, helping wounded soldiers on the battlefield, or working with ebola victims in Africa.

It's easy to take pot shots when your relatively healthy and things are going great - but as soon as your bit by the first rabid animal, or contract tetanus through an infected wound, or even get a need a root canal - the medical profession all the sudden takes on great importance.

But for the grace of God go I.

Certainly there are health care people, and I've know some, who have our best interests at heart. the trouble is that health in this country is not about preventative medicine which should be the foundation of health care. Doctors don't take courses in nutrition and most don't know nutrition. This is not the case in other countries, many who view our medical system as antediluvian.
The basis of human perspective should be from the prevention standpoint, giving a beta blocker for high blood pressure, for example, is the same as putting a band aid on a bloody nose, you have to address why the nose is bleeding.

Today we have type II diabetes showing up in younger and younger children. We know what causes it but very few address it, why do you think that is? Where's the preventative medicine? If I was a doctor I'd be telling people, "if you don't stop smoking I can't help you" because that's the truth.
I lost a brother to cancer relatively young. Sure the doctors kept him alive but his existence was horrendous. My father died of cancer too, keeping him alive was another travesty. I'll die with dignity and not a portable pump in my arm dispensing chemicals to the tune of $100,000.00 a month thank you.
Go read Esselstyn's book on preventing heart disease showing how he reversed it. Go read Colin Campbell,s book (the doctor who spent his life in research) "The China Study".
Your heath is your responsibility, how many ways can I put this? I'll bet everyone here knows who won the SuperBowl but if I asked what has been shown to stop the growth of tumors how many of you would know that? (drinking green tea with quercetin).

This is all a part of self sufficiency.

Evaluate your lives if you want to know how well you'll do.

How much of your food do you pay for? Do you have to shop once a week? Once every two months?
Paying for your health with meds for the rest of your life?
Paying for the energy to heat your home, drive your car?
Paying for the house you live in?
Paying fo that entertainment? Who do you think pays for those multi-million dollar Super Bowl Sunday ads?

Edward Bernays would be proud!

Try this, see how long you can go without paying someone else for your survival. That will tell you right away how well you'll do.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #494  
"If a person needs a medication to live, and cannot get said medication, that person will die" is what I think is at the crux of your comments. Additionally, I think you also believe people can do more to remedy their own diseases. These are the things I have convinced myself that you must be saying.

I am not hot under the collar. Also, I do believe you when you say you are not a Scientologist.

He seems to be so caught up on medicines and how people who need medicine will die....What's funny is anyone can cut their finger or otherwise get an infection and die in pretty rapid fashion without antibiotics...and that is just one malady that could strike...Rob, fails to recognize that medicines will be available as a barter item and as long as doctors and pharmacists are alive they will make the drugs needed...he must not have ever heard of formularies ...Many pharmacists are capable of formulating drugs themselves without drug manufacturers...they will still ply their trade...that is all they would have to offer in exchange for the things they need....I know this because the Doctors...2 of them and one pharmacist I have discussed this with are part of our group and will be exchanging their services for items and services they need....He should not be such a fatalist...

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #495  
When they decided to tax companies they should have known that those companies would be able to speak eventually. Taxation without Representation was a stated reason for the American Revolution.

Corporations were initially established to buffer the individual from the group. We can sue a corporation we can't sue individuals in the corporation. When we give corporations the rights of individuals we loop hole the reason we established the corporation. If corporations want the rights of individuals than they must carry the responsibility of individual liability also. You can't have your cake and eat it.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #496  
As far as survival I think a 22 lr is more practical for those on a fixed budget. I have high velocity rifles but ammo is exspensive. For practicality I'd take a 22 less noise, so not everyone knows your location, and deadly for deer in a given range.

Yup agree with that and a .22 rim fire especially .22 shorts in a bolt or lever or pump action rifle is extremely easy to silence even with high velocity ammo they can be absolutely quiet. Even a bull barrel Ruger semi-auto pistol can be made so quiet someone in the next room will only smell the burnt powder.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #497  
He seems to be so caught up on medicines and how people who need medicine will die....What's funny is anyone can cut their finger or otherwise get an infection and die in pretty rapid fashion without antibiotics...and that is just one malady that could strike...Rob, fails to recognize that medicines will be available as a barter item and as long as doctors and pharmacists are alive they will make the drugs needed...he must not have ever heard of formularies ...Many pharmacists are capable of formulating drugs themselves without drug manufacturers...they will still ply their trade...that is all they would have to offer in exchange for the things they need....I know this because the Doctors...2 of them and one pharmacist I have discussed this with are part of our group and will be exchanging their services for items and services they need....He should not be such a fatalist...

How about addressing me directly please.
Cutting yourself and getting an infection is highly possible and that need is certainly address with the medical profession AND homeopathy. I never said that I wouldn't go to a doctor if I had an issue that could be addressed. Will I go to a doctor who wants to put me on a statin for the rest of my life? Never.
How many of you are on meds for the rest of your life? You said that you take no meds "to stay alive". Does this mean you take no meds? How about those close to you? Pharmacists can formulate medications but they still need sources for those meds. No transportation, no mail delivery, no fuel to make meds and no lights or machinery running because of no electricity. How are they going to make those sophisticated meds? They're not, now they are relegated to the level of the rest of us and that would be homeopathic which is exactly what we will do.

Take the responsibility for your own health and life. What if that pharmacist can't supply the meds you need? Shouldn't that be your question? You keep making the same mistake. First you told us that your pharmacist said meds would be available. You're making assumptions that may or may not be true.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #498  
Corporations were initially established to buffer the individual from the group. We can sue a corporation we can't sue individuals in the corporation. When we give corporations the rights of individuals we loop hole the reason we established the corporation. If corporations want the rights of individuals than they must carry the responsibility of individual liability also. You can't have your cake and eat it.

You have not countered what I said. And the logic of your statement does not hold up. If you make a corporation a target of a lawsuit, they get to speak in court. If you target them with taxes, they get to speak to that now as well.

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ?
I can't have my cake and eat it too? Sure I can here in Knoxville today it will be 74 and sunny and I have a tractor to run a full fuel tank and ground to clear ! Quit debating who you can sue or which outlook is best and go outside and run the tractor and relax ,life is too short to waste time trying to prove your right and others are wrong !We all have good and bad points take everything with a grain of salt and live and let live ! 036.jpg037.jpg022.jpg

/ How self sufficient are you ? Honestly ? #500  

That's an over simplification. First, we may be in a position that we have no choice but to address our own disease so shouldn't that be our survival perspective?

If TSHTF than it will be very likely that those who needs meds to survive..... won't. Does that make sense? Does it make sense to learn homeopathic medicine or have someone in your group skilled in it? Yes, so it's not just that I don't want to rely on the pharmaceutical companies to survive, it's that Im realistic about the options I'll have if things get the point where these things are not readily available.

And what is the best time to establish one's health and knowledge of health? When things are available makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.