Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ?

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #11  
As an alternative, have a look at Hydraulic Quick Coupler Solutions for Rigorous Applications | Stucchi USA The pictures are self explanatory. MUCH, MUCH better than individual hoses, often with limited hand room.

I was looking at exactly this yesterday! I was searching out the multi-coupler which Kubota uses, and traced it to Parker Hannifin. But the way MF has their lines already grouped, Stucchi's would probably be an easier install.

And yes, my hydros are a royal pia to connect/disconnect as well.

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #12  
I called Stucchi today, their engineer called back, emailed me some dimensional specs. 1,000 bux for their multi-coupler...pricey but would be a real nice setup if a dude wanted it bad enough. Well, if you wanna know why kubota is more expensive, that's where the costs are...multi-coupler for the hydro, disconnect the loader without getting out of the seat, the backhoe gives you a back rub, yadda yadda.

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #13  
Hi Folks just a quick question: My hydraulic couplers on my GC1720 are very hard to take off and put on due to the tight location and heavy springing Does anyone use a special wrench or tool to get a better grip and apply better pressure ? My hands just don't have the strength in such a tight space to grip and push /pull to be effective.

I ground out some ViceGrips with flat faces to fit the coupling collar, and found it works pretty well when the hose is not fastened down at one coupling joint.
https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/406958-tool-hyd-coupling.html

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #14  
I have a similar problem installing one of the hydraulic couplers supplied with my EA grapple. The spring loaded sleeve on the female coupler slides freely with a reasonable amount of force and installs with no problem. The sleeve on the male coupler is extremely stiff and is very difficult to install even for my helper who is a lot younger and stronger than I. Removal is somewhat easier since the coupler is firmly fixed in place and I can use both hands to pull. It has been this way since new, so dirt, etc. isn't the problem. Probably need to replace the couplers. Any suggestions as to brands that might be easier to use? Vic

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #15  
I don’t know the style of couplers on your tractor. On my skidsteer there is a metal button on one of the collars that has to line up by spinning the collar before you can pull it back to release it.

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #16  
I have a similar problem installing one of the hydraulic couplers supplied with my EA grapple. The spring loaded sleeve on the female coupler slides freely with a reasonable amount of force and installs with no problem. The sleeve on the male coupler is extremely stiff and is very difficult to install even for my helper who is a lot younger and stronger than I. Removal is somewhat easier since the coupler is firmly fixed in place and I can use both hands to pull. It has been this way since new, so dirt, etc. isn't the problem. Probably need to replace the couplers. Any suggestions as to brands that might be easier to use? Vic

Sounds like there is crud built up under the sliding collar and the connector body. Use some PBlaster and blow the crud out and then to the diesel in a jar thing like I do. It's amazing how the crud builds up in there and makes disconnecting them a real chore.

/ Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ?
Guys I am very grateful for the replies it validates that i am not the only one seeing this as an issue. My hands are not as strong as a few years ago so I really struggle trying to get leverage. I tried using a pry bar with a good handle to carefully push back the sleeve and a vise grip to grab the male hose coupler and that with much coordinated effort seems to get me in business.
Been very carful to clean and depressurize the couplers. Thanks for the the replies.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ? #19  
   / Hydraulic couplers are too tight to move by hand special pliers/wrench ?
Yes very carefully worked the stick to relieve all pressure. I just cannot get good leverage with this 2 over 2 configuration. I may try fabricating something to push on the collar I've had a BX and that was 4 in a row easy. This MF stacked config is really testing me !