I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go?

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #1  

coffeeman

Platinum Member
I think he entered in evening while I carried out garbage bags It was just after the door open to take two bags garbage out. Bat slipped in in that short time.

How can I capture the bat and take it out into the trees? the bat doesn't move all day but he high up near ceiling on high part of drapes by window.
Bat moves in evening flying in circles. I open door as it flying. In times before opening door and creatures mostly just fly out. This one will not do that. It's 3 days now and we are getting tired of our guest. I also worry of some germs or disease bat might be carrying. 20 some years ago my daughter had a Bat in House and Bat in at night . her daughter was only few months old. doctors recommended series of shots for everyone in house to protect in case of rabies I believe. In that case health guys said should have captured bast to test it. In our case its just me and my wife.

Anyone have some ideas how to get Bat out? All ideas will be appreciated.

You all Have a Very Happy Healthy & Prosperious New year. BE SAFE...... Coffeeman

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #2  
Bats are known to carry rabies. I would find a tennis racket.

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #4  
I had one in the house just the other day, opened the sliding door to the deck and the damn fool thing wouldn't go out.
Picked up a broom and watched for a bit then nailed it knocked it to the floor hard, used the broom and flipped it out the door.
One dead winged mouse.

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #5  
I've used towels, throw a small dish rag to make him move, have other, larger towels to throw up in front of the bat when he flies. It should wrap him up into the towel. I would wear leather welding gloves!!!! Good luck!!!

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #6  
reminds me of a star trek Enterprise episode:

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #7  
BB gun. My old Crosman, pumped only one time, would take that thing out. At least knock it down long enough to throw something like a towel over it and get it out of the house.

More than one pump on the gun would probably put a hole in your wall.

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #8  
When it's dark out, turn on all the inside lights, open a door and chase it out the door. They don't like the bright lights and will fly toward the darkness.

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go?
Bats are known to carry rabies. I would find a tennis racket.
have to worry about COVID i'd bet. 2 Tigers in Pittsburgh Zoo tested positive for COVID. Also, I hear a large percentage of white tail deer have antibodies of COVID thus I guess they have been infected. Of Course it might be FAKE NEWS.

Happy New Year & BE SAFE.........Coffeeman

/ I have a BAT IN HOUSE Can't hit him. He is always on ceiling How do I get him to go? #10  
This is one circumstance where you do not remove your 12g Remington from the cabinet...

We had one once, but had two sets of sliding doors so maybe eight feet total between them. I think Mom tried to swipe at it with a broom, but it went straight out.