Idiots overloading trailers.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Since I got my trailer earlier this year I have been out of the trailer shopping game. But still see them on marketplace all the time for sale.

Back when I was trailer shopping.....I noticed a lot of people would often say things like "I haul (insert equipment here) no problem"

Look up specs on equipment and realize they are basically advertising/bragging about always overloading the trailer.

As a potential buyer.....big deal breaker.

Here is the latest example. ~7800# mini on a 5-lug (7k most likely) trailer with maybe a 5k capacity.

But hey....what's a little more than 50% overloaded anyway

Screenshot_20231215-083058.png

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #2  
Where you think all those videos come from 😉🚜

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #4  
I saw trailer yesterday and snapped a picture. I think this guy agrees.

IMG_0150.jpeg

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #5  
Here is the latest example. ~7800# mini on a 5-lug (7k most likely) trailer with maybe a 5k capacity.

But hey....what's a little more than 50% overloaded anyway
The tires still hold air, must be ok 😋

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #6  
Towing AT capacity is hard enough on a trailer. I started out with a 7k landscape trailer, and really disliked towing even near capacity.
I have a comfortable margin now with a 12k trailer and both axles with brakes.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #7  
Guilty of towing more than I should on occasion, but with all the different capacity configurations on towing vehicle, trailer and both, for most can be hard to decipher.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #8  
Most trailer owners use the "if it fits it ships" mentality. Scary.

Right. I hate that way of thinking. I bought a 10k trailer many years ago instead of the standard 7k car hauler. Well, when I bought a skid steer a couple years ago, I realized I was AT capacity, if not just a bit above (Axles good for 10,400, trailer probably weighed 2700, left me with around 7700# to haul). My SS weighs 7500 not counting any attachments.

Well, last weekend I just upgraded to a 14k trailer, so I'm good to go for a while now!

Bigdumbload.jpeg

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #9  
Right. I hate that way of thinking. I bought a 10k trailer many years ago instead of the standard 7k car hauler. Well, when I bought a skid steer a couple years ago, I realized I was AT capacity, if not just a bit above (Axles good for 10,400, trailer probably weighed 2700, left me with around 7700# to haul). My SS weighs 7500 not counting any attachments.

Well, last weekend I just upgraded to a 14k trailer, so I'm good to go for a while now!

View attachment 838424
Lmao