Idiots overloading trailers.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #41  
Years ago a TBN member told of the "ride" he went on when his straps snapped and ths tractor rolled back at highway speeds. He managed to keep it between the ditches and in his thread he related what he felt happened. It's been a while so I don't recall the exact details, but even though he was well within the trailer specs, he figured it had flexed on a bump causing the straps to fail. He bought a heavier trailer and a good set of tires down chains as he didn't want to do it again.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #42  
Since I got my trailer earlier this year I have been out of the trailer shopping game. But still see them on marketplace all the time for sale.

Back when I was trailer shopping.....I noticed a lot of people would often say things like "I haul (insert equipment here) no problem"

Look up specs on equipment and realize they are basically advertising/bragging about always overloading the trailer.

As a potential buyer.....big deal breaker.

Here is the latest example. ~7800# mini on a 5-lug (7k most likely) trailer with maybe a 5k capacity.

But hey....what's a little more than 50% overloaded anyway

View attachment 838341
Your a few years too late,

We have this thread totally dedicated to this stuff. It's nearly one a day is posted.

/ Idiots overloading trailers. #43  
There's NO WAY I would put a D3 on this trailer,

tractor-Case-04-99-450-crawler.jpg

and it has two 6K axles under it.

I have a trailer with three 6K axles under it, and I wouldn't care to haul a D3 on it either.

SR

I have a 14k trailer for my skid steer. There’s no way I’d put my D3 on that. I used to have a 10 ton pintle trailer. I’d have put the D3 on that if I still had it. I wouldn’t be too thrilled to hook a D3 behind my 7.3 dually either. I took my semi to go get it.
IMG_6188.JPG