If you had it to do over again...

/ If you had it to do over again... #101  
I would like to know more about regen issues...
I really was surprised on how few complaints about Tier 4 there were
I'm not. While any mechanical device is bound to have gremlins, the biggest problem with Tier 4 is that people are afraid of trying new things.

40 years ago many people-including me- were afraid of things like electronic ignition and computers in cars. Yet having owned cars from that era; I would not want to go back to a carbureted car and point ignitions in my daily driver. Heck, spark plugs routinely last longer now than engines did.

I put about 250 hours a year on my 3301. Then I go down to the family homestead and use my father's L2800- which is a very nice tractor to run- and the first thing that I notice is the diesel smell. Some people enjoy that; I don't.

/ If you had it to do over again... #102  
Well.....
I guess you must just have a much higher intellect than I do!

/ If you had it to do over again... #103  
WAIT---I'M 76 AND ARTHRITIC ------ NOT CRAZY!!! NERVE PINCHED IN MY ELBOW, THAT MAKES PART OF MY HAND NUMB--NOT DUMB. THAT SAID, I CAN STILL HAVE FUN!!

ME TOO!!!! GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!! :)

/ If you had it to do over again... #104  
So true!
(Wow we agree! :drink:)

That's why I never pay too much attention to product reviews. (Unless it's the same complaint over and over about a specific flaw, or defective part or product).

What's really unbelievable are the positive product reviews. Especially for something mundane. Like who is going to buy (let's say) a garden hose then spend time going online to tell people they really, really like that garden hose?
So then this makes me think there's a lot of phony positive reviews made by people who sell that product. Which, if they do that, then surely they give negative reviews to their competition. Another reason, there's often more negative than positive.

Gut feeling, but I suspect this is also done on TBN, but probably more rarely than other places.

:drink:

/ If you had it to do over again... #105  
ME TOO!!!! GLAD YOU ARE HERE!!!! :)

CAPS.JPG

/ If you had it to do over again... #106  
I'm not. While any mechanical device is bound to have gremlins, the biggest problem with Tier 4 is that people are afraid of trying new things.

40 years ago many people-including me- were afraid of things like electronic ignition and computers in cars. Yet having owned cars from that era; I would not want to go back to a carbureted car and point ignitions in my daily driver. Heck, spark plugs routinely last longer now than engines did.

I put about 250 hours a year on my 3301. Then I go down to the family homestead and use my father's L2800- which is a very nice tractor to run- and the first thing that I notice is the diesel smell. Some people enjoy that; I don't.

I’d hate to be operating a 50 year old black smoke bellower but diesels can run pretty clean without that. My Grasshopper doesn’t have any of the emissions crap on it and doesn’t emit any noticeable exhaust. There’s no black stain around where it comes out either. My M59 is also pre emissions and it blows a little puff on startup but isn’t noticeable after that. I recently dug a water line inside a building. The door was open but the ventilation is pretty poor. There wasn’t any noticeable diesel smoke when I got done. There’s a 7.3 Ford in the building that I pulled out with the M59 because it would have smoked up the whole building in seconds.

/ If you had it to do over again... #107  
I’d hate to be operating a 50 year old black smoke bellower but diesels can run pretty clean without that. My Grasshopper doesn’t have any of the emissions crap on it and doesn’t emit any noticeable exhaust. There’s no black stain around where it comes out either. My M59 is also pre emissions and it blows a little puff on startup but isn’t noticeable after that. I recently dug a water line inside a building. The door was open but the ventilation is pretty poor. There wasn’t any noticeable diesel smoke when I got done. There’s a 7.3 Ford in the building that I pulled out with the M59 because it would have smoked up the whole building in seconds.

I understand what you're saying.
When low sulfur fuel was mandated my 1984 L275 even ran cleaner, and that was a low tech engine.

/ If you had it to do over again... #108  
What would I do different in purchasing my tractor?

-I would add the third function valve at purchase

-I would of had the rear worklights installed

Right now, those are the only two items that I could use or had a need to use that I didn't get. I'm having the third function installed in the next few weeks. I'm planning on installing the rearlights myself, so that issue will go away. Other than that, I might of considered adding the rear wiper. Yet, overall I'm very pleased with my purchase and the additional items are things that I didn't realize I could/would use until I have started in on the various projects.

/ If you had it to do over again... #110  
WAIT---I'M 76 AND ARTHRITIC ------ NOT CRAZY!!! NERVE PINCHED IN MY ELBOW, THAT MAKES PART OF MY HAND NUMB--NOT DUMB. THAT SAID, I CAN STILL HAVE FUN!!

I know what your going through, I have had my Ulnar nerve surgically moved twice in my left elbow but the damage in the nerve and my hand was already done, the pointer and thumb are about 25% numb and the rest of my hand feels like it’s basically asleep, hand locks up a lot. Also have had 3 neck surgeries now it’s plated and has eight screws.