If you had it to do over again...

/ If you had it to do over again... #91  
No one said welcome to TBN! :thumbsup:

I bought factory direct. There are no dealers for my machine other than the factory in Tazewell, Virginia. No regrets on that. Simple machine, easy to service, great parts support via phone and fast shipping if ever needed.

Local dealers for other brands were a mix of warm and fuzzy VS run away fast. Wasn't brand specific.

We downsized to a tiny machine for maintaining our properties after the huge, used machine we had knocked out the large jobs first. I don't regret that. In fact, I am very happy with buying a working beater, beating it some more, and selling it once the tasks were done. I think it would be hard for a first time owner to properly pick the exactly correct machine on the first swing without getting some seat experience first hand.

My machine is very ergonomic for me. It's more like a cockpit, feet in the footwells. I can enter from either side. Forward is on right toes. Bassackwards on left toes. ROPs is in front of the operator. Makes a great hand-hold on side hills. Steel canopy. The quick attach allows 15 second implement swaps from the seat. Powered implements require a couple hydraulic hoses. All attachment out front where I can see them. Destroys the weeds and brush before you run it over. Power angle snowplow on the FEL arms can lift snow 6' high.... anyhow, I have no regrets on this machine either.

Really, about my only regrets are not taking math more seriously, and never playing baseball on a school team. :laughing:

Moss, I looked at your website and now every ad I get is for Ventrac. Pretty amazing machine. Saw a Ventrac with double wheels that handled mud with absolutely no problem.

/ If you had it to do over again... #92  
Moss, I looked at your website and now every ad I get is for Ventrac. Pretty amazing machine. Saw a Ventrac with double wheels that handled mud with absolutely no problem.

That's odd, because I have a PowerTrac, not a Ventrac. :laughing:

I'm guessing the ads are based on the conversation here, not my website. ;)

/ If you had it to do over again... #93  
You can't just throw that out there. Specifics. We need specifics.

Yes, Welcome to OP. Forgot that part.

My likes, plenty of power, handles nice, easy to operate, works well and does the job. My dislikes, lousy Regeneration process that has caused me to have no use of my tractor for 8 weeks now and 5 round trips to the dealer so far bringing my tractor back and forth for the same problem during that same 8 weeks. Lousy tie rod end protection. The rubber ends get torn and cannot be replaced without buying the whole tie rod end. No protection for the fuel line coming off the fuel tank. Fuel tank supports are too thin and can get bent very easily if working out in the woods. No protection for the hydraulic filter assembly. FEL lever stops working when the lower screw falls out. FEL cables break after 300 hours of normal homeowners use. I have been informed that one of my injectors is dumping 1.5X the amount of fuel than it should be doing. No reply yet on the fix. It is still under warranty at 447 hours and 3 years of ownership.

/ If you had it to do over again... #95  
I would like to know more about regen issues...
I really was surprised on how few complaints about Tier 4 there were

/ If you had it to do over again... #96  
So true!
(Wow we agree! :drink:)

That's why I never pay too much attention to product reviews. (Unless it's the same complaint over and over about a specific flaw, or defective part or product).

What's really unbelievable are the positive product reviews. Especially for something mundane. Like who is going to buy (let's say) a garden hose then spend time going online to tell people they really, really like that garden hose?
So then this makes me think there's a lot of phony positive reviews made by people who sell that product. Which, if they do that, then surely they give negative reviews to their competition. Another reason, there's often more negative than positive.

Gut feeling, but I suspect this is also done on TBN, but probably more rarely than other places.

The hardware store I frequent has a ”rewards” program, for every $250 that you spend you get a $5.00 coupon. They also offer 50 points (50 cent reward) for reviews for products of their choice. ”Review your 5 gallon bucket lid” was one request that I got. The reward is optional on their part... when asked to review the propane torch I bought then returned I gave a bad report. The internet is full of reports of the poor quality of the torch; it doesn’t stay lit, which was my experience. Yet who checks for reviews before buying a $14.00 item? So my review said 鍍his product should be pulled off the shelves and not offered for sale.
I didn’t get my 50 points :D

/ If you had it to do over again... #97  
Welcome OP

My do over, I would not own a tractor, I would own a skid steer and a zero turn. As it stands, I own what I own until it dies or I move to a smaller piece of property. I love my cab and heat in winter now, but dislike it in the warmer weather. The first company that makes a "convertible" tractor would likely do well.

My dealer is awesome, Mails parts to me, pick up and drop off service if needed, answers questions, knowledgeable about things other than that tractor, and appears to be a good man.

/ If you had it to do over again... #98  
I agree. Also mental disabilities.

WAIT---I'M 76 AND ARTHRITIC ------ NOT CRAZY!!! NERVE PINCHED IN MY ELBOW, THAT MAKES PART OF MY HAND NUMB--NOT DUMB. THAT SAID, I CAN STILL HAVE FUN!!

/ If you had it to do over again... #99  
Would not change a thing. I am glad I went with the sturdier dk series with my kioti. Ive had next to no issues with over 500 hours on the meter. Just a few minor headaches. I have 2 dealers reasonably close. Never had to wait for any parts except for a spare fuel tank because of that squirrel eating thru my fuel tank. The jb weld I used 5 years ago is still holding so I never installed the replacement tank. A minor starting issue turned out to be a defective battery cable. And I had a bad stop solenoid replaced under warranty. I had both front bearing seals replaced as one had a minor leak, but after 500 hrs no big deal.

/ If you had it to do over again... #100  
Welcome OP

My do over, I would not own a tractor, I would own a skid steer and a zero turn. As it stands, I own what I own until it dies or I move to a smaller piece of property. I love my cab and heat in winter now, but dislike it in the warmer weather. The first company that makes a "convertible" tractor would likely do well.

My dealer is awesome, Mails parts to me, pick up and drop off service if needed, answers questions, knowledgeable about things other than that tractor, and appears to be a good man.
Don’t you have ac?. I’d die in mine without ac