If you had it to do over again...

/ If you had it to do over again... #111  
What would I do different in purchasing my tractor?

-I would add the third function valve at purchase

That is one thing I wish I would of done also, now I know for my next upgrade.

/ If you had it to do over again... #113  
2006 I bought my CK30 HST. Dealer is only 15 klm away but only had to use him for parts twice. I service my own machine. (ex mechanic)
I have about 650 hours up and use it for post holes and mowing and cleaning up dead trees. When I first got it I carried heaps (hundreds) of large rocks to landscape my property.

I wish I had bought a slightly larger tractor with a 4 in 1 bucket and next tractor (around 48 HP) will have a cab to keep the sun off me. I will keep the CK30 and just leave the flail mower on permanently. I will also use it for spraying.
I need a bigger one for shifting / clearing heaps of timber and stumps so a 4 in 1 bucket will be essential.
Gotta say the little Kioti has been made to work pretty hard at times and I almost feel guilty for what I expect of it.
Had it seriously bogged twice for weeks at a time. Busted off TX oil filters trying to get it out. Split an oil cooler that soaked and stuffed the alternator. But, hey, can't expect them to never need some sort of maintenance. Just wish the parts were cheaper...

I will look at Kubota and JD next time as well. My Buddy just got a new Kubota L47 or something. Seems happy with it.

/ If you had it to do over again... #114  
I壇 hate to be operating a 50 year old black smoke bellower but diesels can run pretty clean without that. My Grasshopper doesn稚 have any of the emissions crap on it and doesn稚 emit any noticeable exhaust. There痴 no black stain around where it comes out either. My M59 is also pre emissions and it blows a little puff on startup but isn稚 noticeable after that. I recently dug a water line inside a building. The door was open but the ventilation is pretty poor. There wasn稚 any noticeable diesel smoke when I got done. There痴 a 7.3 Ford in the building that I pulled out with the M59 because it would have smoked up the whole building in seconds.

You don't get any smoke from the L3240? What year is that?

/ If you had it to do over again... #115  
You don't get any smoke from the L3240? What year is that?

The L3240 was a 2008 I believe. It smoked a lot under hard load but no smoke under normal use. My M59 is a 2014 and probably runs cleaner than the L3240 did. I sold L3240 a few years ago so I can’t do a side but side comparison.