Integration Engineering - Should I be worried?

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried?
I haven't been able to let go of this, so I decided to post a detailed account of my experience on a web page for all to see. The URL, appropriately enough, is www.mccuan.com. I'd like to compare notes with anyone else currently in the same predicament.

Will it help? Maybe, maybe not. But either way it makes me feel a little bit better.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #42  
chatcher
That was very well done, and very well explained in detail, politely and without malice (IMO).

I was going to order from McCuan but decided to 'wait and see' how this turned out. Even was going to get one off eBay, thinking surely whoever was selling them there would be responsive. I asked the question on eBay if I could save the shipping and pay in cash if I were in the area of his 'business' and he said that would be no problem. That led me to believe he was legitimate, and not falsifying his address and phone number.
Certainly is a puzzlement as to why he is taking money and not shipping goods. I hope there is a way you can take him to small claims court or sue for the return of your money. It's nothing short of being a thief and stealing, IMO.
Very depressing that there are individuals like this, let alone still in business.
I wish you good luck and satisfaction in the end - either parts or money back.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #43  
Chuck,
I'm having a similar problem...bought online and from another state.
We did some research and found out that the Attorney General in your state, the Attorney General in his state, and the Federal Trade Commission all have consumer protection departments that can help you. Since the recent online purchasing has become so popular, they are aware that the consumer is at a disadvantage when buying online...unseen and relying on promotional advertising by the sellor. The ads must be truthful, accurate, not mis-leading because of this reason.
I suggest you go online or call these government agencies to see how they can help you. Hope this helps....I'd really like to buy that system for my tractor too.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'd really like to buy that system for my tractor too.)</font>

That being the case, go to Carter & Carter (CCM) and buy theirs. It will ge cheaper, it will get delivered, they have customer service, it is a REAL business, and Mark (CCI) posts here. See some of the earlier posts.

Everything may not be in stock but at least you can talk to somebody about what you need. Don't forget to get the power beyond sleeve for the valve.

Carter & Carter TNT

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #45  
I bought a Top-n-Tilt system from Mark and absolutely LOVE it! It fit my M4900 perfectly.

Mark and everyone else @ CCM was polite and responsive to my needs and wants. They even made me a custom fork mount for the tilt cylinder at a pittance of what it was worth.

My highest praise? I would buy it again from the same location!

No, I have no other reason to type this than to thank CCM for fine service and product.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #46  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I'd really like to buy that system for my tractor too.)</font>

That being the case, go to Carter & Carter (CCM) and buy theirs.
)</font>

I went to their site and downloaded the information PDF sheet. I'll be sending it back to them next week.
Thanks for the input.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #47  
Chatcher, just want to add my compliments on a nice job of stating your position on your McCuan site. Not very much ambiguity there or room to hide, and you're not malicious. Well done. Jim

Thanks to all for the kind words and support. We all have a common interest in making online commerce work smoothly. When it doesn't, we have an obligation to try to fix it. I have been completely satisfied with 99.9% of the business I have transacted online - a better record than in person, actually.

/ Integration Engineering - Should I be worried? #49  
I still have my unused set-up for the 2210. Looking to get something for it (see the classifieds) or PM me if interested.
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

An update on my unfortunate experience with Jim McCuan:

Email sent to jimmc@integrationengineering.net now bounces.

Neither website, www.topandtilt.com nor www.integrationengineering.net, seem to be working.

Looks like "actionarcher" is no longer a registered eBay user.

I have not yet received the items I ordered, or a refund of my payment of $462.56.

If anyone knows the full story as to why McCuan seemingly allowed his business and reputation to self-destruct, or has current contact information for him, I'd be interested in either.

I finally bought a top cylinder and hoses from CCM, and it was delivered very quickly and works well. Unfortunately they still do not have the side links in stock.