Is sub compact big enough?

/ Is sub compact big enough? #111  
$14,600. A new machine would have been 18-19k plus tax. I feel like it was a good buy, but not a steal. Only has 43 hrs. Previous owner needs to send the owners manual and other papers, but it should still have some of the 2 yr warranty left. Plus 4+ years of the power train warranty.

Honestly, while I don't know the market where you're at, that would be about a steal here. Used tractors are selling for as much or more than new around here, it's absolutely nuts.

/ Is sub compact big enough? #112  
Congrats on the tractor! It looks about the same size as my B8200 which as you said, will still basically go all the places a SCUT will, just with a little more apprehension from the operator seat. But the loader capacity alone is probably worth it!

Huh, did no know the b6100 has "less" horsepower but looks like it's a physicaly larger machine than the little BX.
Learned something new!
I actually think it is smaller than most BXs, but mostly by being shorter. It has nowhere near the room in the 'operator station' and carries its loader bucket tucked closer to the tractor. Generally they are very similar in size.
It does have a very strong 'shrunken full size tractor' style to it that makes it appear larger than it is. It is sort of like a small motorcycle.. it isn't obvious how small it is until you see a full size person riding it! :ROFLMAO:

/ Is sub compact big enough? #113  
Only has 43 hrs. Previous owner needs to send the owners manual and other papers, but it should still have some of the 2 yr warranty left. Plus 4+ years of the power train warranty.
At only 43 hours, why was he selling it?

/ Is sub compact big enough?
At only 43 hours, why was he selling it?
He didn't say exactly. He mentioned that his job has him working away from home more.

/ Is sub compact big enough?
Here are a few pics. I got some limestone delivered for the driveway today. Spent a little time smoothing that out. Hard to accomplish much by just backdragging though. I'll be getting a box blade in the next couple weeks though and can grade it better them.
I really like the tractor. It's a sweet little machine to operate. The linked hydro pedal is handy. Especially since I'm the kind of person who hates to run wide open for small tasks.
Only one complaint so far: the parking brake lever is in a terrible location. The engineer who laid that out must be missing his left foot! Everything else is pretty ergonomic. Not sure why they put that lever there though.
I was surprised that it only came with a 52" bucket when the rear tires measure 57.5". I'll probably get a 60 inch bucket sometime when prices become more realistic.
Tilt steering would also be handy, but not a big deal.
Fit and finish of the loader is great! Hoses and valve are protected very well. I won't bore everyone with everything I like, but feel free to ask questions.
Getting back on topic: after using it for an hour this eve, I'm impressed by how maneuverable it is. You would need to be in pretty tight quarters to really wish for anything smaller. A SCUT would be better if you plan to use a bellymower a lot.

Attachments

• 20220425_190648.jpg
    20220425_190648.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
  • 20220425_190656.jpg
    20220425_190656.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
  • 20220425_190704.jpg
    20220425_190704.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 79
   / Is sub compact big enough? #116  
Yeah, that looks like about the perfect size if you didn't have some good reason to go smaller. I operate in stupidly tight quarters (cars everywhere on the property in narrow lanes..lol) and my smallest tractor with one steering brake locked up will turn around in about the same spot as a large skid steer.. but i think you did right on yours!

One of the things that's great about that next size up from the SCUTs is the rear tires will hold hundreds and hundreds of extra lbs in fill weight, which is really helpful for having the loader not be WAY down in capacity when there's nothing (or something light) on the 3pt. (y)

Last edited:
   / Is sub compact big enough? #117  
Congrats. The 52" bucket may be perfectly fine. A wider bucket would make it harder to park and maneuver in a confined space. If you get a box blade, I suspect you won't care that the bucket is 52".