JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #11  
Is there stain on the motor like its tryin to get up to speed? Maybe you hydraulic filter is nasty with poo

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #12  
I would be checking our that hydraulic filter. My 4520 will reach 16 mph no problem. Either that or could be the range on the Ehydro is out of sync.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #13  
Did you check the oil level? Sitting on my tractor right now. The only Orange light with a tractor is the 4wd. The cruise is a green light with a tractor with an arrow underneath. There is an orange light for the air filter differential pressure but it is not a tractor. Is your air filter plugged? There's also an orange light for the battery and the heaters and the general warning lamp.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #14  
I'm new to this site and tractors, looking for help on a 4720 I recently bought. Its a 2007 with 800 hours on it. It works great around the field. I was taking it to another farm down the street and noticed it only got up to 7mph... slowest 3 miles of my life.

I made sure I was in C (although I got up to about 6 mph in B) and that the cruise control is off. I have a JD dealer 1/2 mile down the road but want to see if there is something that I'm missing.

One thing I noticed on the dash is that there's an image in the orance light with a tractor and an arrow below it, pointing to the left. THought this may have something to do with cruise but when that is on, another light comes on in green.

I have cruise and load match, all are off.

I had every fluid/filter changed when I bought it in December by JD.

Thanks in advance do any help.

Would it get up to speed when you bought it? What about since December when you got the fluids changed?

do you have any flashes on your problem light?

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should
thanks for all of the thoughts so far. I don't know if this is a new problem or not b/c my recent roadtrip was my first and only since I bought it. My guess is no, it didn't go that fast when I bought it.

How would I go about checking each of these filters or would it involve draining everything?

I've attached a photo of the light that is on. light.jpg

Did you check the oil level? Sitting on my tractor right now. The only Orange light with a tractor is the 4wd. The cruise is a green light with a tractor with an arrow underneath. There is an orange light for the air filter differential pressure but it is not a tractor. Is your air filter plugged? There's also an orange light for the battery and the heaters and the general warning lamp.

light.jpg

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #17  
that's the cruise control indicator. your cruise control switch is on. Wont make a difference in your problem though. yeah you have to drain the hydro fluid to change the filter. once you undo the filter housing, the fluid will all come out

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #18  
ok I think I may know your problem. your machine is problem equipped with speed match and the previous owner has it set at 7mph. Turn off speed match or motion match I forget which one and your problem is solved.

/ JD 4720 doesn't go as fast as it should #19  
the previous owner has the speed match activated and set at 7mph. turn the switch off and your good to go. this is feature used for activities such as tilling or mowing or what have you. turns off the switch. should be by the cruise control switches

Do you know what the switch looks like?

I hope that fixes it!