JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement
I'm using a hoist on each side of tractor rigged off the front axle and to the side boards. Using the 2 hoists will help it come together maybe at an even pace. Plus i'm by myself so this is the easiest way I can come up with. When I reach the 1inch or so my hoist get tight so I stop.

Think I found the issue. I guess never assume that the teeth on the splines are the same as OEM. This clutch assembly I bought is not the same. I have found they are slightly larger than my old one. I took the clutch assembly off. Took the PTO clutch plate and placed it on the PTO shaft... No go. Then put the old one on and went on with ease. Took just the new clutch and but it in the bell housing and it would go onto the drive shaft. The placed the old one on and bingo it fit. So I'm thinking I got bad parts.

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #23  
Glad you found the problem. But use the good tips Jim has given when you go to put it back together with the correct part.

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #24  
Lineman36
I also am glad you discovered the spine problem.
Jim

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #25  
Glad to hear you determined what the problem is, did the parts person sell you a bad/wrong part or was it the difference between the early design and late design clutch?

John Deere - Parts Catalog

Not really for sure. There was just a slight difference in the splines. Figuring just an imperfection in the cast. They are sending me a new one and hopefully will be here by the weekend. It's just odd the old one went on with ease and the new one didn't even atempt to slide on. But the parts are exact as the old ones I took off. So who knows.

I need help. I got it all back meshed together and I don't have a clutch pedal. I have nothing. Doesn't make sense. Seems like it's not even coming in contact with the fingers of the clutch. And the PTO throw out wouldn't either. Anyone have an idea? I did replace the throw out bearings and put it back together as it was designed. So I'm clueless

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #28  
Are you finessing tractor halves together or forcing the 1/2's together?

Yes I finessed it together. Really went together easy. Might be a dumb question. After together should u b able to spin the PTO by hand?

/ JD 5210 Clutch Assy Replacement #30